Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mint Choco Chip with a lot of sprinkles, please.

For weeeeeks we talk about fun things we are going to do at the beach. It's the topic at breakfast every day until we get there. One day we talk about flying kites and the next day it's the box of sugar cereal we can't wait to take with us. We gab about staying up late, finding an ice cream shop and getting the biggest scoop, digging in the sand, and playing putt putt.
And we are held accountable for every little detail brought up at that table...

The beach: I love you.
I loved making the memories- but I know Michael and I are the only ones who will remember...

...your little legs running silly in the sand.
...you turned over a new leaf and started swimming under water...telling new friends, "I've been swimming for years."
...you filled your shoes with sand and shells.
...you were so happy to feel like you could swim.

...how you would laugh and scream when you saw the planes fly by with banners.
Running your tummy hungry...(you know peanuts freak me out and so you break them all in half and chew them up dramatically so I stop staring at you. goof.)

You, my little Christian, loved the salty shells. Daddy would give you one to chew on and it kept you occupied for a bit.
Dads have it tough. heehheee- glad it's not me!
I was a little busy smacking my lips on a salty-sandy baby all weekend.

Picture perfect of everyone looking at camera. thanks.






Our family picture (my foot). Better picture sans parents that are jumping up and down behind camera.
Tired Babu...










4 comments :

Robina said...

love it. i love chritian's head bob. he's practicing for future chem classes.

Happy Hollisters said...

Why do your blog posts make me cry these days? Perhaps I feel a little farther away and not able to make a quick weekend trip. Oh, those sweet little faces, and the matching t-shirts, and the tired eyes. I would love to scoop up that tired lil' guy and rock him to sleep. And boy, would I love to dig in to that ice cream with those piggy-tailed girls. Love you guys.

luluemi said...

Oh, Jacque, Thank you so much for sharing these pictures and adventures of Team Trailov!!!
I love, love, love every little picture and, well, the video was just beyond precious! Little "Baby Faces" were sleepy little munchkins!
We love you all so much!!
Mimi

Anna @ IHOD said...

I love catching up on your adorable family. So delightful. I can't wait to meet your munchkins someday....hopefully soon! Gabe and I are going to have to plan a weekend in Charlotte! Of course Atlanta will always have arms open to you:D

Site Meter