1. I gutted a chicken last night and roasted it in the oven. I love to cook, but pulling out the innards and cleaning a chicken just isn't my thing. It was super easy and our dinner paired with a grilled romaine salad turned out mighty fine, I'll say.
2. It's 6:11am and I'm wide awake and super excited to take the children blueberry and peach picking today.
3. I was at an airport last Saturday for about 12 hours. Cancelled flights are no fun with a baby. Don't they have some sort of bag you can put your child in so they can crawl on airport floors?? They should provide those.
4. It was kind of providential though because I landed the best magazine ever. We get Bon Appetit magazine, but I usually only find a few recipes to use. At the airport I picked up Food Network's magazine and it's a=maz=ing. I've dog-eared 20 pages and cooked a few of the recipes this week. We totally tried the hot dog topping recipe one night and now I need to throw a hot dog party. Will you come?
5. My wonderful husband went to a charity golf tournament and put all his raffle tickets in the The Princess Fairy Ballet Dance Camp. Guess who won? He did. Me no likey camps, but she was in girly heaven. Emilia and Christian got to play at the park for 2 hours so everyone was happy.
6. I have about 14 sewing projects I need to get working on.
7. Michael played a joke on me last week and I could have killed him. He told me that while he was at the pool with Lucy and Emilia the sun was beating down on him so he asked a woman to put sunscreen on his back. Seriously, CAN YOU IMAGINE? I was like, "Michael! Why would you put her in that situation!?" He said, "yea, i think she felt uncomfortable because she left 5 mins later." I was so embarrassed. I couldn't see his face b/c he was doing some dishes, but he let me ride it out for a few minutes before telling me he was kidding. Not funny.
There. 2 minutes of your life that you'll never get back.
Have a great weekend!!

6 comments :
Michael is hilarious. sorry about your airport saga. we'll come to your hot dog party anytime. I think you are officially blogging much more than me now and that's not even a lot. I need to find something interesting in my life and the desire to write about it. Also my sewing machine has been in teh cabinet since March and it will probably stay there for a while. Trying not to feel guilty about that. have fun blueberry picking. hope you like the farm.
Now I know what you were doing early this morning instead of sleeping!!! Good thing my back did not burn last weekend!
Michael
The story about your husband was hysterical. I have giggled to myself all evening thinking about what you were thinking. Awesome.
Holy hair, Lulu. Did it get bigger? Seriously, cute tub shot!!!
I gutted a chicken last night and make pukey face the whole time. I can't stand sticking my hand in there. Icky.
Kisses to the Trailov Trio, please.
What a great post - hilarious about Michael - and now I want to peek at Food Network magazine ; )Hope you are enjoying summer!
Jacque:
The picture of the three children in the bathtub was indeed cute.
Mickey/Deda
Post a Comment