Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Only if you're talking Spanish...

Lucy: Mommy, what is my name if you say it in spanish?
Me: Lucia
Lucy: Ok, call me that.
Me: Sure, that's your real name!
Lucy: No, my name is Lucy. Only say Lucia if you talk spanish, ok.
Me: But that's the name daddy and I gave you when the Dr took you out of mommy's belly.
Lucy: Lucia?
Me: Yes, Lucy is a nickname.
Lucy: No it isn't.
Me: Yes, honey, it's beautiful. Grandma Zuniga, your great-aunt Lucy and Auntie Lulu all have the name Lucia.
Lucy: Well I am Lucy.
Me: Yes, you are Lucy.
Lucy: But you can call me Lucia if you are talking spanish, ok?
(yea, because i talk spanish allll of the time.)
A picture of little Lucia at the beach this weekend (maybe she changes out the goggles -sunglasses with her name(s)). More to come...

3 comments :

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

I have read in the past that a child of Lucy's age may ask as many as 400 questions a day. So be prepared! By the way, there are two more children in the form of Emilia and Christian right behind Lucy that will ask just as many questions. Have your mathematical skills helped you figure out the potential total for the three of them yet?

Mickey/Deda

Robina said...

love the double goggles. can't wait to see your beach pics.

Klare Family said...

hahaa.. I adore that little girl!

Site Meter