I was checking out at Costco the other day and this family of 6 handsome and well-dressed young boys were in front of me with their parents. I stared at them for a bit and smiled when the oldest (teenager) picked up the youngest (2ish) and walked him over to the ginormous televisions. He was clearly trying to help his parents and keep the little one occupied. It was the sweetest act of charity. As I watched them I overheard the couple behind me: Poor boy will never be able to just be a kid and enjoy his childhood. They have so many. How can you give attention to them all? And I kid you not, it went on and on.
I wanted to turn around and tell them....tell them how wonderful it is to come from a big family, that love multiplies, and that I've never met a selfish mother or father of 6, 7, or 8 children.
I left Costco a little disheartened. I kept thinking what if my parents had stopped at my older brother, the first boy? There would be no me. Or any of my 5 younger siblings. There would've been a few less weddings, nieces, and nephews...
I would have never hugged my brother before he left to serve our country or do a dance in my kitchen while listening to my other brother on the radio score three touchdowns.
There are sacrifices. There are trials. There are arguments.
There is a lot of love though and I'm so thankful I'm part of this family.
2 comments :
Oh I love this so, so much!
Oh man. I wish you WOULD have turned around and said something. What is wrong with people?! Beave. Love this post and you! xxx
Post a Comment