I strongly dislike picking them up from school and their hair looking like they found a cat on the playground and said, "Would you like to pounce and play on my head for a bit?"
I have no idea where they get it.
However, I LOVE that they have tons of hair. My very favorite part of having a baby is seeing them for the first time and ALL THAT HAIR. I know most people don't know whether to smile or laugh when they first spot the monkey.
I hate to admit that there are very few moments during the day that I think, I love being a Mom. Of course it's infused in every fiber in my body, but the truth is I don't walk around thinking it during my daily duties as a Mom. It certainly doesn't cross my mind at 5am when a tiny girl is standing next to my bed saying she's hungry, or when I'm sorting 4,444 pairs of socks, or scrubbing toilets and all the dribble on the floor beneath (truth.), or playing referee, etc....
However, God knows when I need those little kisses from above. It's every time I get to do braids for my girls or give my boy a good comb over to look dapper. It's in those simple moments that those words are written all over my face. I love being a Mom.






No comments :
Post a Comment