Saturday, November 22, 2014

{with Thanksgiving} Day 21: A Sacrament

Lucy made her First Confession on Thursday night and it was beautiful.  The teachers did such a good job preparing the children. Lucy surprised us when she led us right up front to the reserved pews for readers.  

She didn't seem nervous and was pretty adamant about only having a few sins.  She is probably right, but we didn't discuss them. ;) Her spirit is sweet and her soul is pure.  She makes good decisions and she is kind to her core.  As her mother, I pray God continues to guide her to heaven.  I pray that for all my children as I know my Mom does for me.   I pray they always see this Sacrament as a gift--but it will take courage and humility to go throughout life. 

A few years ago I read Lindsay's blog about letting her little girl get her ear's pierced after her First Reconciliation. The connection between the pain we feel (on a different level, obviously) in going to confession and how Christ turns it into something so beautiful. I thought it was so sweet and simple for a 7 year old to understand. The last few months Lucy's been asking about getting her ears preirced for her First Communion like a lot of girls her age do.  We discussed how First Reconciliation is just as important as First Communion--they go hand in hand, really.  I told her if she would like to go in November to keep it in mind....

Here we are the day after our First Confession (November 20, 2014)




I am thankful for this Sacrament and for these sweet moments with my girl.

1 comment :

MH said...

I totallllyyyyy wondered if the ear piercing was related in some symbolic way to her first Confession. For real. Like, I sat here and ran through every possible connection, but nothing made sense. This is even better than what I was thinking! Help me think of something similar for a boy for Z!! He goes in Feb!!

Site Meter