Thursday, October 30, 2014

heavy weights.

The moment when you realize something special is about to pass can pierce this momma's heart.
 Two things always get me: when their baby toes get too big to kiss and when they get so heavy it's hard for me to carry them up the stairs.

Christian and Emilia are juuuuuuuuuust about there.


 Sometimes we get home late and they fall asleep in the car, it warms my heart to carry them up the stairs and tuck them in bed.  They are getting so heavy that I know the days are numbered.  I can't carry Lucy any longer, so the job has been passed off to Michael.

I still remember my Dad carrying us to bed even in our teenage years (hello husky girl here)!  It's silly and simple, yet brings great memories of my childhood.  I laugh thinking about all of the times we woke up in our same clothes.  I think he just dumpedd us in our beds and went out to the car for the next kid.

They love it, too.  Emilia often fakes it--which is totally hysterical.  (She'll also fakes that she falls asleep on the potty, which I hope she continues because it always brings a good chuckle for us both.)


Fake.

 The other day I picked up Bub and for the first time I thought, "Oh no! He feels heavy."  He wrapped his legs and arms around me and I put my nose against his neck and said, "Bubby, will you stay 4?" He gave me the sweetest little, "Sure, Mommy."

Around the same time last week he gave me a good reminder of how little he still is!  The girls took out an old VHS tape of Pippy Longstocking and watched it with him.  The mother dies and the father gets lost at sea.  To make a long story short he went KA_RAY_ZEEE at school drop off.  At pick up he said he wasn't sure if I was coming back.

"What?"
C: "Like that movie...."
"What movie??"
C: "Pippy"


Needless to say, that's been taken out of the rotation.  I told Michael we shouldn't give it much attention, but in the same breath I was already pulling in McDonald's drive-thru because I felt like the worst mom ever.

PS: Not only did Pippy scar him, but the guy shooting out of a cannon at the circus.  Holy nail biter.



2 comments :

Mimi said...

That circus is a scary deal all around. I'm pretty sure you would have to give Michael a sedative to get him into the big top.
It's ok, Christian... Momma always comes back and the circus is OUT OF TOWN now.
Love all you clowns so much!!!

Britt Fisk said...

Oh bless his little heart! I bet he was dying inside. But, that ice cream surely made everything better! I remember being carried in, too! Gosh, we had good parents :)

Site Meter