Saturday, November 1, 2014

{with Thanksgiving} Day 1: her smile

I'm happy it's November.  The last few years I've used these days to write about why I'm most thankful for the little and big things in this life. {thanks to Stephanie's blog}

Today was the first cold day in Nashville and we all needed coats to watch Lucy's last soccer game for the season.  It was also the first day I saw this little girl smile in three days. It felt more like 33 days though.

She caught a stomach virus and beyond the duties of cleaning up vom and terrible gnarly diapers, it's just so sad to hold a sick child.  I'm reminded of how much this little one has been through since her birth, yet I'm truly speechless at how thankful I am to hold her every day.  Every single day we thank Jesus for this life and for our health.  I know there are children in hospitals and NICUs being held by scared parents, and we hold those families in our prayers.    

Today I'm thankful for Mary's health (albeit so many health issues). I'm thankful for those dirty sheets and clothes I've been washing all day, too.

No comments :

Site Meter