Saturday, November 30, 2013

{with Thanksgiving} Day 30: faith

Here we are.  The end of November!

When my mom was here over Thanksgiving she was telling my sister and me about a really powerful book that she read.  She's been spreading the word and recently a church in Kentucky had 350 families from the parish sign up to read it. 

This specific devotional or consecration basically means giving our full yes to Jesus' Mother, Mary, to complete her motherly task in us, which is to help us grow closer to Christ. 

The timing was perfect and I was looking for a Marian devotion/retreat since the day I found out I was expecting my little Mary. I promised to do a consecration to our Blessed Mother...not even knowing she would be a girl or even born in May for that matter.   I prayed to not have another miscarriage and to let go of any anxiety about the pregnancy. 

In the book the author says, "The act of consecrating oneself to Jesus through Mary marks the beginning of a gloriously new day, a new dawn, a brand new morning in one's spiritual journey. It's a fresh start, and it changes everything."

So, I'm ready for my 33 day retreat! Providentially, I end the 33 day retreat on January 1st. What a way for me to end and start the year. 

Mary, today and everyday I'm thankful for your Son Jesus who suffered and died on the cross to bear my sins. 

2 comments :

Robina said...

you will love this book and the consecration. I am hoping to get Bart to do it too. we were going to start on the solemnity of the immaculate conception but I love the idea of ending on January 1st. we are a day behind, but that's ok, we'll double today maybe. thanks for the idea. I may do it again with him. much love to you.

MH said...

Just what I'm needing - thanks for the idea, J! xx

Site Meter