Friday, January 3, 2014

Stages.

The kids often hear me say about Mary, "Oh, I just love this age!"  I say it everrryyyy month, so I don't even know which stage I love most.  I can most certainly-definitively-absolutely tell you it's before the crawling and whining stage.  

Bow. 

No bow. 

During lunch today Lucy said, "Mommy, would you rather us stay Mary's age forever or grow up?"  Of course I love the baby stage, but it's so sweet to see your babies getting bigger.  I told her that I love watching them ride bikes, skate, imaginative play, jump rope, play soccer, and learn.  

After lunch she asked about 10 times if I would read a chapter of her book to her.  Just a minute...just a minute....in a minute...let me clean up lunch...yes, just a minute....sweeping the floor, just a second....ok, ready. 


I could see two little feet moving and sure enough she was in La La land reading all by herself for a long time.  I love to snuggle and rock my little ones, but moments like this remind me how awesome it is to see them grow.


No comments :

Site Meter