Dad,
Remember when I was a teenager (no? you've erased those years from your memory?) and you told me I had too much eyeshadow on and I was real mad?
Thank you for being honest.
Remember the time you walked in the house with a faux arm sleeve tattoo?
Thank you for showing us how to have fun.
Remember when I was training for a marathon and you rode your bike next to me to keep me company for 8 miles?
Thanks for giving me your time.
Remember when it was just the two of us standing outside the church moments before we were going to walk down the aisle and a car load of guys drove by and said, "DON'T DO IT!"
Thanks for laughing with me!
Maybe you don't remember them, but I have a gazillion great moments in my life because of you.
Happy Father's Day!
I love you!
PS- Remember that new car you gave me when I turned 16!?! Oh, wait, me either. Mine had one hubcap, but thanks again.

2 comments :
slightly teary. :)
you're a lucky lady.
Post a Comment