Saturday, June 15, 2013

A season of changes.

I can't believe how long it's been since I've updated my little blog. We brought Lady Mary home about a week after she was born and it was possibly the longest and scariest week of my life. All in all, she's doing well. She continues to have her little breathing issues, but we aren't letting her get too worked up. Spoiled? Absolutely! The doctors tell us they aren't too concerned, but hmmmm, easy for them to say. She's eating and sleeping...eating and sleeping. God continues to amaze me in all His splendor. These days when I should be feeling totally exhausted, I'm left me feeling the opposite (or maybe I'm kidding myself?) The transition from 3 to 4 is easier than I thought, but we've also had meals coming our way the last 3 weeks. I feel like I spent 80% of my day in the kitchen (some days I feel like I never leave) so our friends have really helped us out tremendously. Allowing us to just focus on our new little member has been awesome. We're all a little obsessed (except Bubby!!).

Family meetings in our bed are the best.

Although I haven't been very tired, I have been quite emotional about all that we have going on. You know the saying, when it rains it pours! In just a few short weeks we've added Mary to our family, doctor's visits, a graduation, a pending move, and our dog passed away. Through all of this I cannot find the words to adequately tell you how much I love this man (albeit the fact that he is taking me from my besties and the city i love). 

Bringing Mary home.

He's been the ying to my yang and the only stable thing in this household. If you know Michael, you know he could stress about a fly in the sunroom, so again, God has just given us some extra graces to get through all of this.

Although it is pretty tough to stress when you get to look at this butterball all day.




2 comments :

Happy Hollisters said...

Oh my goodness. These pics just made my day. Love her dark hair and big bright eyes. Can't wait for her to meet her partner in crime, Susanna Rose.

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

I wish I had Mary's hair. Christian looks like he has started to assume responsibilities as an older brother.

Mickey/Dada

Site Meter