Monday, February 11, 2013

36 out of 36,000....

...things I love about you.

Your willingness to always help me with the children.
That you can make me laugh even when I'm mad.
That you love my heart and not just my body (hahahh! sorry, laughed as i was typing!)
When you call me after driving Lucy to school because you know I need to hear that she was smiling.
That you authentically love spending time with each of the children.
That you go out of your way for others.
That you notice things about our children that I do not.
Your cooking skills.
Your competitive drive to beat me at solitaire.
That you don't let the kids eat in your car (not!).
That you'll watch Downton Abbey and Bachelor with me.
That you will patiently explain a football rule/call to me.
That you keep up with the oil changes.
That you take care of the dog.
That you make our bed.
...and coffee in the morning.
That you always say thank you after dinner.
You always smell good.
You're totally not lazy.
You love my big family (after Advil).
You will dust.
...and clean toilets.
Your hugs are the real deal.
You are slow to anger.


You are a good gift giver.
You have good taste in music.
You make the best kind of friend anyone could ever dream of.
You are not afraid to call me out when I'm ridiculous.
You aren't afraid to admit your weaknesses.
You are always trying to better yourself.
You are humble.
That you are Medicine Man and the children love for you to fix their boo-boos.
The way you discipline.
The way you support me when I discipline.
That you communicate well in our marriage.
That you love our children hard.


"I belong with you, you belong with me--you are my sweetheart." The Lumineers.
Happy Birthday!


3 comments :

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Michael!
Do you know how wonderful it is to know, as your mother, that your wife thinks you are such a wonderful husband and father ?!
Wow!
Who knew, 36 years ago, when your dad and I looked into those big blue eyes, what we had in store for our lives! Not just you, but your beautiful wife and 3 (soon to be 4) gorgeous, incredible children!
Happy Birthday! And, thank you for being YOU! And, Jacque, thank you for loving our son!
Love, Mom

Klare Family said...

(gulp) i wuv MICHAEL!!! HBD big DAWG!

I would like to add that I love the fact that I am his favorite sister-in-law. :)

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

Every man should be so fortunate to have a spouse that thinks as much of him as you think and feel about Michael. I could have made many of these comments because he is my son. These comments coming from you, his spouse, are not only deserving but also very important and meaningful.

Y'all are such a loving couple and deserve each other. Your relationship shines through to others and more importantly to and through your beautiful children. What a great family to say the least!

Mickey/Deda

Site Meter