Wednesday, November 7, 2012

{Thanksgiving 7} : To not settle.

I was really hoping to be thankful for a new President today. I have a little knot in my throat thinking about the next four years and what moral steps our country may take backwards. To think the leader of the free world is an advocate for ending the life of the innocent and unborn is almost too much to comprehend.

                                                                               Lucy

I am still hopeful and very thankful!  We are blessed that we can teach the difference between right and wrong inside the walls of our home...and I hope it won't stop within these walls. I deeply desire to teach them to have strong values and to carry those values with them to school, work, sporting events, with friends and co-workers. Our faith in God doesn't just belong inside a church. It belongs to each and every person created by the Hands of God. I'm thankful for the knowledge (as little as it may be) that God has given me to teach my children. I hope we never stop teaching them and building up our families with Truth and love. The hearts of our country are right here in our homes. So, here's to another four years for fighting for a stronger, better, and more loving country.  We can do this,  I know you are with me....

3 comments :

Susan said...

Jacque,
I go to sleep at night thankful that my children and their families are grounded in their beliefs and commitments.
Thank you!
My heart bursts with love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I have probably looked at the blog 20 times this week while at my sales meeting! I miss you all like crazy and cannot wait to see you late tonight and the kids tomorrow morning. You are a wonderful mom and an incredible wife! I love you and still scratch my head wondering why you hitched on to me! See you late tonight.

Love Michael

Maria said...

WHOOO HOOOO!!!! YEEESSS!!! great words Jacque!

Site Meter