Thursday, November 8, 2012

{Thanksgiving 8} : A mended heart.

A dear family friend of ours (Christian's Godfather) had open heart surgery a few days ago. He started having headaches and it was discovered that he had a hole in his heart that needed to be "plugged". After lots of opinions and one attempt to try and repair the hole noninvasively, his last resort was to have surgery.

I am so thankful the surgery went well. I am thankful for his doctors. I am thankful they have loads of family/friends to step in and help with their boys. I am thankful that "holey hearts wife" stayed spiritually strong for weeks leading up to the surgery. I am thankful he will be back to his normal self in no time.

I sent a text that said, "Send me a picture of something funny in his room."
Here's what I got:
Apparently you can order birds with flower arrangements these days.


Wow, wow. This sort of resembles an apparatus from a college party.  I hope she keeps a straight face while he's doing his breathing treatments.

2 comments :

MH said...

hahaha - Just now seeing this. You're cray cray (wow, I sound like a 15 year old). Anyway, thank you for this....and for your constant, unwavering support - and prayers. I appreciate it more than you know.

Love,
Meredith

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

I hope the man from Villanova has a comfortabke abd quick recovery.

Mickey/Deda

Site Meter