Friday, August 10, 2012

Two.

Bushka, Bubs, Bubbie, Bubbers- He has so many nicknames he doesn't even know his real name.

On July 22 my little Michael Christian Trailov, Jr. turned 2.


Today he bit Emilia and I realized that the days of getting a "he's-just-a-baby" pass is coming to a close. I can hardly punish him because the way his sweet eyes burn right through me.


I want to tattoo my brain with all the memories from our past year together (thank goodness for blogging!). He's been so good to us. He makes us all laugh...like the other night when he repeated, "No kee-wa (quinoa), no kee-wa, no kee-wa" 4,000 times like Rain Man.


What can I say about this little boy that steals my heart? It's no big secret that I'm smitten.


On any given day you can find him following his sisters from room to room. After breakfast he'll shout, "C'mon, gers, pwayroom!" And they all take off. I'd say I'm the biggest adorer, but it would be a fierce competition. I can only imagine there are a few weeks/months left of the girls picking him up. Lucy will even prop him on her hip. Such a sight.


He's never shy with hugs and kisses. I only have to ask and I receive. He his a pleaser. He loves to make us smile...such a ham.

He is scared of thunder and loud noises. Lucy dropped a toy the other day and he shrieked for 10 minutes. Poor fella. I just don't know where he got that trait from!


I love how he rests his head right in the nook of my neck. We sing Hail Mary, Gentle Woman together every night.  He knows all of the words now and I don't think I ever feel as close to heaven as I do in those moments. Even if I've had a horribly bad yelling no good tired day. I am brought back to little breaths on my neck with arms wrapped around me that make me feel loved and cherished my Christ.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women, and
Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of death. Amen.

Gentle woman, quiet light, morning star
so strong and bright,
gentle mother peaceful dove
teach us wisdom; teach us love.

You were chosen by the Father:
You were chosen for the Son,
You were chosen from all women
and for woman shining one.

Blessed are you among women
Blessed in turn all women too
Blessed they with peaceful spirits
Blessed they with gentle hearts.


I suppose one day you'll have to grow up, but for now you're not allowed. 


6 comments :

Rachel said...

Love you buddy, i am so bless to share my birthday with you. I remembered where i was when Daddy called and told me you are here, it made my birthday even more special just knowing that i will always share something special with you. I just love love love it when i came over and i get to put you to bed and we read books then i get to rock and sing to you.

mimi said...

Michael Christian, jr...you are such a special boy. I remember your coming into this world as if it were yesterday. Actually, I remember the older Michael Christian's birthday as if it were yesterday, too! Two special guys and I love you both so much my heart is bursting!!!

Robina said...

Happy Birthday little man. I ma convinced that 12 months to 2 and a half or so is the cutest age ever. so glad you're in the beautiful thick of it. such a cutie. love that song too.

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

Another beautiful post about your precious children. This one is predominatly about my Micheal Jr. It brought back so many good memories about Michael.

Mickey/Deda

MH said...

Happiest Birthday, Christian! How are you two?! Man. You are such a sweet little man and such a joy to be around. You've grown so much in the past few months.... I'm not sure what's bigger these days - your eyes, your smile, or your vocabulary! Much love and hugs to you...xoxo

Anonymous said...

To my little buddy -

You may not know it yet, but the happiness you bring all of us in the house is beyond words. I love how you like to wrestle and always want to play ball. Daddy will always run to the playroom and let you jump all over me. I will miss these days very soon.....

I love you!

Daddy

Site Meter