Monday, August 13, 2012

Beach life.

I was 50-50 on a vacation this year mainly sticking with the "let's take it easy" theme for the summer. But my better half knocked some sense in me. And away we went. Was it a lot of work? Yes....

Thank goodness for Dads.

And grandparents :)


The children are at such a great age to take to the beach.  Not having to keep sand out of the mouth and eyes freed up a few good hours.  They wore themselves out. 


Even taking a few naps...


I had my list of must-dos for the week:
*Bike Ride to the marina to pick out any treat desired.



*Eat at our favorite spot, Poe's.

* Ice cream after dinner (and what is better than ice cream with your Mimi and Deda?)

*Light sky lantern= failed (too windy)

We had a good time relaxing and playing. 


We are winding down here for the summer.  School starts in a week.  I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry.

5 comments :

MomMimi said...

I just cried...for memories of the beach trip; for missing our Charlotte children/grandchildren; and for the one who has grown up so fast!!!!! Schooooooool...How did the first little one become a kindergartener so quickly right before our very eyes!!!
Lucy's a little lady now.

Robina said...

I'm crying for you. I love seeing you all so vaca relaxed and seeing you so happy. looks so wonderful. Amen, thank God for strong daddies. They can put so many beach chairs on their arms. hoping to catch up soon.

Happy Hollisters said...

I might cry.

Klare Family said...

1.yourpicture taking isgetting way more sophisticated... Love them. 2. Great fam pic with mimi and dede, frame that! 3. I feel like your kids are growing up so fast. Tears.. Love you guys

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

It was a great beach trip with Lucy, my ee-ah kee girl, Emilia,, my brown eyed girl, and Christian, my Michael Jr. In addition, we were with Michael and the beautiful Jacque. So many memoties! Thanks y'all for including us in your vacation. It was the highlight of our summer.

Love,

Mickey/Deda

Site Meter