Wednesday, August 22, 2012

David wuz here.

My younger brother, David, called last week and said he wanted to make a quick visit to see us. It was the best 24 hours I've spent with him in years. I'm going to miss his going away party, so we threw our own...he loved it.
We stuffed in sight-seeing, swimming, and napping. On top of that, Michael and I were able to take him to dinner and talk for a few hours about his mission.  He's leaving soon to serve our country.

Today was Lucy's first day of school. It was only a 2 hour day and she had to bring a parent. Lucy asked Uncle David if he would "pa-lease" go too....why not? He kept us smiling the entire way, you know, because I've been fighting back tears for weeks.
More to come on Lucy's first week of school and her melodramatic mother.


1 comment :

Happy Hollisters said...

Oh my goodness. I've been blowing up Michael's phone the week and last to hear all about the events of school. So excited for young Lucy and all that lies ahead of her!!!

What a gift to have had your brother with you before he heads off. What a gift that HE wanted to see his sister and nieces and nephew before he left. Isn't family amazing, and isn't it awesome what your kids are learning about family, not just from you and Michael, but from Uncle David and so many others that surround them.

Can't wait for the school posts. Thinking of you, melodramatic Momma!!!!! :) You have the right to be...it is a right of passage. :)

Site Meter