Monday, August 27, 2012

There goes my baby.

The last few weeks I've been one-hot-mess. I cried roughly 15x's thinking that if I get it all out I won't cry as much or as hard the day she gets out of the car. My baby is going to Kindergarten and I've really dreaded this day since she was 2 hours old. WHY didn't someone tell me it was this awful!? My heart just aches knowing that she's going out into the world without me holding her hand. It's been 5 1/2 years and all I've known are looooong days home with my babies. I'd give my left (or right whatever) arm to have the three of them here all day screaming, running, tattling, crying, laughing, giggling, snuggling, sleeping or whatever we feel fit to do. I can't prevent my little girl from getting hurt or scooping her up on the playground when she falls, but such is life. I hate to think of the day when someone will say something mean to her or she will hear something she wasn't ready to hear. Oh, Lucy, what you do to me.


I can't believe I get to be your Mommy. I'm so unfit. I promise you will always come home from school to parents that love you. I promise to always make you laugh . I promise to help you with your homework (until it gets too hard and then Daddy will). I promise to always have my arms open for you. I promise to listen. I promise to give you my honest opinion.  I promise to let you have cookies when you get home from school.  I promise to discipline you. I promise I'll always let you in my bed when Daddy's out of town. 


"And what would you like for your special 1st day lunch?"
"Oh, I'll just have a salad."
"Stop, you're not 32. You're having chips."

5 things you took to school to tell about yourself:
Blue crayon- favorite color (that's new)
Picture of daddy pulling your tooth out
American girl doll dress
Violin song sheet
Book mark for the book we are reading, Farmer Boy
I wrote the beginning of this post last week and I sent Miss Lucy off this morning without tears and all smiles. She's was so excited for Michael to take her.


Today the house seemed a little quieter with these two imitators.

7 comments :

Rachel said...

Oh LuLu my sweet baby girl. I just can't believe you are already a kindergardener. The first time i meet you, you was 6 or 7 weeks old and at 10 weeks i got the pleasure of caring for you full time. I will always treasure the times we spend together, you are my first baby in Charlotte and forever will be my little munckin. I love you!

Mimi said...

You are off on a wonderful adventure, Lucy!
Always remember that you have a great big family from Momma and Daddy and Emilia and Christian and grandparents to lots and lots of aunts and uncles and cousins who are keeping you in their hearts for safe keeping as you step out on your own.
I love you, sweet girl!

MH said...

Oh, You-cee! My heart literally swells seeing you in your big girl school uniform! You look so beautiful....I am so excited for you! I pray that you have a fun year making friends, learning new things, and, most importantly, growing in your faith.

Oh, and super cool that you want to be a Mom! Motherhood is a very special vocation, and you are blessed to have parents that teach you about Mary's beautiful example...and you're also blessed to have a pretty decent example at home, too. :)

Love,
Meredith

Caroline Edwards said...

Oh, what a hard week - but I bet she had a blast! She is SO sweet, she'll be making new friends instantly - and loving her new school!

PS - you are so photogenic - you always look so beautiful in every picture... even when you're exercising, while holding a kid :)

Anna @ IHOD said...

I get teary eyed just thinking about Gabriel going to school next year. Loved every bit of this post!

Klare Family said...

ugh...i don't know why i am choking up in tears right now. i feel stupid for laughing at you breaking down all the time. lol! Jacq, you are such a wonderful momma. Lucy is so very blessed. I can't believe how much she is growing up. I absolutely adore that little bite of sweetness. Thanks for going through all of these BIG steps with your kiddles and writing about them. It helps so much to prep me for what is to come. ugh... I am trying to choke down my coffee to get rid of this not in my throat! just the thought of lu lu already out there in the world.... She's gonna be someone GREAT - She already is! I love you.

Maria said...

can totally relate...I almost thought i needed therapy. I laughed out loud at her "I want salad" and your "no you're having chips" so funny. It does make me appreciate the ones that are still left at home a little more and changed my perspective in a good way. sigh...

Site Meter