Tuesday, June 28, 2011

His second word by route of the Star Spangled Banner...

Here's how it went down.

Today I had the desire to belt out some Star Spangled Banner while driving to the Y.

I was deep into, "And the rocket's red gllaaaarrrre, the bombs bursting in aiirrrrrr...." when I hear from the way back (Lucy), "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, stop-stop-stop-stop!!!!"

So, of course, I keep on..."Gave proof through the night..."

From the back: "Mommy, Mommy, stoooppppppppp"

I'm smiling at her still singing: "that our flag was still there!"

Lulu: "Jacque! Jacque! Jacque!"

Me: "Lucy, don't call me Jacque or I will tickle you until you start screaming Mama!"

And then we all heard it...a little boy's voice that rarely chimes in said, "Ma-ma, Ma-ma, Ma-ma" We all start giggling and clapping and even the girls were excited for his 2nd word (the first being da-da which was said about 6 months ago!)

As we unloaded at the YMCA I said, "Bushka, say it again, say Mama, please." He obliged like a good little puppet and said, "Ma-ma!" I can't get enough...



(I was all smiles until about 30 minutes later one of the child watch ladies had to interrupt my treadmill run to let me know he was crying uncontrollably. Apparently "Peter" took a toy from him and he wouldn't calm down after that. Come on, buddy, grab it back!! Sheesh... )

In other total randomness we spent our 6th wedding anniversary at the Farmer's Market watching litte girls dance to folk music...









6 years ago I could not have imagined how much joy this man would bring me. And with joy, there comes pain too. Lucy requested shrimp and grits for our anniversary dinner. We obliged and it was a wonderful evening unnntttiiiilllllllll papa bear sliced his finger cutting some fresh baked bread. All is well and he's healing just fine. The evening was just a tad different than our wedding night. I had to hit the archives of online wedding albums from friends to reminisce. Hilarious, Luci, you must've loved this song. What were we fist pumping to?

9 comments :

MH said...

Oh my goodness! Happy Anniversary! I forgot it was this month! And good job to Baby Bushka on the growing vocab! New teeth and new word all in one week...little monkey's keeping busy! xoxo

Klare Family said...

pff.... hahaa.. "Oh what a nigghttt... late december back in '63... " Maybe that's what we were listening too! that was the first thing that popped into my head.

I want to leave a very nice note hear to my ole pal Michael.

Michael,
When i first met you, I knew jacq had a keeper. you were so handsome (still are) and just the nicest and most genuine guy ever. I found you to be a super duper #1 class act fella!
From afar, there was this curly haired, wild and ungrounded 20 something year old girl searching for some kind of substance in her life. I observed how you treated my sister. Watching my sister fall in love. I was in awe by the the depth of love, respect and faith you had in each other. And what a FUN normal couple you were. This example changed my life. Something CLICKED by witnessing this love you had for each other. I developed a hope that I too could find a gentleman as wonderful for me! (not the LOSER i was wasting my time with, the one who got drunk off of strawberry daiquiries!!Lol)
So... Thank you for loving my sister the way you do. Thank you for being a wonderful part of my family. For being my brother. I love you and Jacq. And accredit you in a way for helping me find my own prince - because I knew what to look for.

God Bless you in many more years of chaotic bliss. Love lulu. :)

Happy Hollisters said...

Must have been some Holla Back Girls. :)

Happy Anniversary, you two!!!

Love that lil' Christian is calling your name, and I love that Lucy was all over getting your attention to something she knew would be a big hit with you!!!!

Robina said...

Happy happy Anniversary. I even knew it was coming and forgot. We spent ours very much like yours as a good family day with the kids. What better way to celebrate the beauty of our marriages as it's the institution that gave us the grace to create and become a family. Hayden was so happy to see Lucy dancing. Yeah for Christian saying "ma-ma." what a treat.

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

Congratulations to Christian for adding words to his vocabulary! At this rate he will be calling me Deda which will make me happy.

Watching the girls dancing made me happy as they always do when I am able to see them. Actually, all I have to do is think of them and Christian, and I am happy.

Jacque, I did not forget your anniversary. How could I ever forget that day when all, most of all me, were so happy for Michael and you. Looking back with hindsight, what made that day so special is what y'all have today. Simply stated, what y'all have is a loving marriage and three beautiful children. Y'all have the greatest riches any couple would need or want.

Lastly, the comnments Lucy Klare posted made me proud and extremely happy. Although I am his father, I can not take too much of the credit for the person and man that Michael happens to be. The majority if not of the credit goes to Susan, his mother and fortunately for me, my wonderful spouse. Enjoy Michael as I know he injoys you. Do express to Lucy what her words about Michael meant to me.

Mickey/Deda

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

After watching the video of the girls dancing again this morning, I realized that Lucy was doing a ballet while Emilia was buck dancing. Could it be their different personalities coming out? Emilia finally realized that Lucy was doing ballet, and she joined her doing a ballet.

Mickey/Deda

Thank You God For The Memories- theresa said...

Thought of you two all day on your anniversary, thinking how blessed Dad and I are by you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jacque for this post, it was beautiful, like you. Your devotion to me and our family inspires me to be a better husband and father. I love you more each and every day.

Love, Michael

MiMI said...

Jacque and Michael, you are such beautiful people individually, but, WOW! put the two of you together and as a couple you shout goodness and love and fun! I love you and am so thankful that I just happen to be a part of your lives!!! You are an inspiration!

Christian, keep up the good work with your vocabulary...you're going to need lots of words to get one in edge-wise with those two girls in your house. You can do it, Buddy!

Site Meter