When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The works Thy Hand hath made,
I see the stars,
I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed;
When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look downFrom lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
When Christ shall come,With shouts of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bowIn humble adoration,
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou art!"
Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
**My dearest little Milia-
I've been wanting to do this post for 3 months, but time did not allow me to do so. It doesn't matter, I didn't forget about your second year. What a year, my baby girl, what-a-year! You started walking just a few days before your first birthday and never looked back. You are so coordinated for such a little girl. I guess it pays to take your time because you were off and running shortly after. I spend half of my day holding my breath. I can finally exhale when you are asleep.

You are strong willed and fearless. You like to put your clothes on all by yourself, but you take your shirt off by pulling it all the way down your body. All of the necks on your shirts are stretched. When putting on your shoes you will cock your head and say, "Fit?" As if your feet grew over night. You cried a lot from 12 months to 24 months. I am typing this 3 months after your birthday so I can happily say that it was a phase.
You found your best friend in life. You follow her everywhere and can't wait to see her when she gets out of school. You carry in a lunch bag to be just like her. You started sharing a room when you were 15 months. You want so badly to share a bed. I love to see you two hold hands and my hope is for you to hold tight to each other until you are old ladies.
When I go to the Y to run you cry the entire time I'm gone. The ladies in child watch are so sweet and insist that one day you will stop. Please don't miss me for one measly hour. Your lip projects out about a mile and your tears could fill a lake.
Every speck of brown dirt you think is a bug. You are learning to fold your hands and say grace, but you hardly make it to Amen before you dig in. You have the biggest smile and a dimple on your left cheek. Instead of puzzle, you say fuzzle. You can now sneeze in your arm instead of my face. Thank you. I took you on a trip to Cincinnati for Auntie Lulu's shower. I was in the worst physical pain of my life because your sweet brother in my belly was sitting on my sciatic nerve. We looked so pathetic in the airport...here, take these puffs...did we bring shoes on this trip?
You became a big sister at 17 months. At times I felt sad that you weren't "the baby" for long, but I know that you were ready to be part of the big girl club.
You proved it by showing me how excited you were to eat a donut in my hospital bed. And how you love to check on Christian every minute of the day. (Truth be told- you stalk him and he's a wiittttlle scared of you.)
Sometimes we walked in your room and your clothes were off. For about 6 months we were at our wits end trying to keep your clothes on...and then it was your diaper. (I was often found in the corner rocking myself saying, "it's just a phase, it's just a phase, it's just a phase."You suck every bit of toothpaste off your toothbrush before you brush.
You looooovvvveee raisins. (and could eat fruit for every meal)
Your abc's are coming along.
Your new fave song is twinkle twinkle.
After we drop Lulu off at school you like to ride in her car seat. I'll look back at you and your your smile is ear lobe to ear lobe! You always ask to drive by the fire station and I do.
I hate your pacifier. It falls out and apparently daddy doesn't think it's necessary to wean you.
You have no concept of gentle.
It's been said that your are much like your mommy 34 years ago. Your daddy loves...a clown...and Mother Teresa
Christmas was so much fun with you last year. You marvelled at every little thing...crayons, Fruit Loops, and tinsel. We took you to Nashville and you fit perfectly in your Aunt's arms.
You love your 2 pink blankets and your paci.
Emilia, you have so much personality! We love you from head to toe and back again.
So that is all of the randomness of your year. Which leads us to the first day of you being 2! It was a nice day with our little family.
Rainbow Brite wrist bands, a step stool and a new bike were all the rage.
Sadly, the night of your b-day we ended up in the ER. Your stomach pains and piercing cries are still a mystery. The dr checked you out and if it weren't for your high fever I would've said the cake was at fault.
LOVE.
7 comments :
beautiful :)
and I love the last picture!
i wuv dis post... =*) (gulp)
laughed and loved this post. Her smile is too much! She sounds so much like Christiana...they would be pals ; )
I am tearing up. You are a great mother. All your littles are so blessed. You teach me a lot. I also love (one of my favorites) the song "How Great Thou Art" and see it as a song of celebration. We had it played during our wedding when the mothers and grandmothers processed in to celebrate them. Some people felt the need to to tell me that was a funeral song. I disagree.
Happy Birthday again Emilia!!
My baby Emilia, i love you, i love when i come over you are waiting for me by the window and your smile just warm my heart. Jacq thank you for sharing your babies with me i love them 1 though 3, Happy Mother's Day and see you guys next weekend.
Rach.
Absolute delightful posting. What a wonderful year to remember. She's such a doll baby. Thanks for sharring. Linda
Milia -
You make my heart beat with joy. You are more ticklish than any other person I have ever seen and it makes me laugh so hard. You have more energy than your mom and I combined, and we thank God for that. I love you. Daddy
Post a Comment