Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm glad that's over with...

Just the other day some girlfriends and I were talking about our rear view mirror and what we see driving around town. We all knew that familiar feeling of seeing our first born looking all too big in their car seat.

Fast forward to this week: I've had the same Cd's in my car for about a year now...Cold Play, Jack Johnson, Willie Nelson, and Paul Simon. Lucy loves them all and she knows about every word to every song (you should see this child jam to 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover). On Wednesday I was taking her to her FIRST day of pre school and the timing of Jack Johnson's song, Turn Your Love, came on...the timing was terrible. The first words are...

I don't want you to go,
I don't want you to go...


(don't worry, i was at a stop light on the way to school)

I was holding back my tears, like those hard-to-swallow-knot-in-your-throat tears. They had been building up for about a week.

Think she missed me? Not so much. She had so much fun. I think she's going to have a great year--the kids even sang happy birthday to Our Blessed Mother Mary on their first day of school. Yay for teaching kids about their faith!

(on the way home from school- again, stop light)

2 comments :

Auntie Mary said...

I can tell in her eyes that she missed you. She was just playing games with you :)

So glad she enjoyed school and loved hearing a little about it from her today on the phone. When did she get sooo big, Jac?

Can't wait to see you guys Friday!

Hugs and kisses and more hugs

Mimi said...

Yes, I think she did miss you, too! :) Look at that little grin.

Oh, and I heard her belt out 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover this summer!!!!She also asked for My Hometown. She's a regular request-call-in from the back seat these days. Good thing I had a traffic light to give me time to figure out the CD player in the car. She gave me good instructions :)

I can't wait to see all of you this weekend.
Love you lots!
Mimi

Site Meter