Thursday, May 6, 2010

Morning Walkie Talkie

On our morning walks I often want silence. I love to hear the birds chirping and nothing else. That happens about 10% of the time...usually it goes down like this.

Lulu: "Mom, do you work?"
Me: "Yes, I work at the house with you and Emilia. My job is to be your mommy."
Lulu: "Well, sometimes you take us to Fox TV."
Me: "Yep, you met Mr. Bates and Mrs. Cordell last time we were there."
Lulu: "Mrs. Cordell?"
Me: "Yeah, she was mommy's boss."
Lulu: "What's a boss?"
Me: "It's someone who helps you with your work. Like, I'm your boss. I help you pick up your toys, make you dinner, and put you to bed."
....i can just hear her thinking.....
Lulu: "Oh, well, does Mrs. Cordell put you to bed?"

_________________________________________
5 minutes of silence and then we start up again....

Lulu: "Mommy, when I get big I'm gonna get milk in my baby feeders. And when I get big I'll make hot-nice-chili for my childrens."
Me: "Mmmmm, I love chili."
Lulu: "No, I said, "HOT-NICE-CHILI"
Me: "ok. sounds good."
Lulu: "And then I'm going to watch grown up movies and cut apples with a really sharp knife."
Me: "Sounds like you are excited to be a grown up one day."
Lulu: "Yep, I'm going to be a mommy when I'm fur-teen (13)."
Me: silence
Lulu: "Mommy, did you hear me?"
Me: "I heard you."
Lulu: "I'm going to be a mommy when I'm fur-teen."

GULP...

Here's a few pics of our Strawberry Picking...(and me playing around with some fun editing).




6 comments :

Deda said...

Hopefully Emilia is not allergic to strawberries! By now you would know.

Deda

Robina said...

Bart and I are cracking up. your pictures from strawberry picking turned out so great.

Auntie Mary said...

So, Jac, she calls you Mommy now, not Mom? Nice! Laughed sooo loud at this one. I can't wait until emilia is contributing to this conversation too.

The Magill Family said...

Hahaha, bet Michael gulped at that one too! Sooooo . . . when are you planning on locking her up in a tower - around age 12?? :-)

Bagby's said...

Cracking up! I can't wait to sit down and just talk with her!!

Tevis said...

Love it, can't wait to see you all.
I'll be smiling all day after reading this one.

Site Meter