LENT: I think Lucy is old enough to try some fun and meaningful things for Lent. Some of the creative ideas are still over her head and more for children that understand the meaning of sin. However, Lucy definitely grasps the concept of doing good deeds, and acts of charity for others and Jesus.
I borrowed this idea from some friends who do this for Lent. The concept is to put a bean (I picked up a bag of big Lima beans) in for every time she does an act of charity or something nice for someone else. This does not include our normal expectations...eating your dinner, brushing teething, no whining, etc. Yesterday she asked MEEE if she could help put Emilia's books away in her room. WELL, HELLO-- wanna put a bean in the jar!!!? :)
On Easter all of our seemingly small plain beans will turn into bright colorful jelly beans. Just how Jesus turns our small (or sometimes big) sufferings, offerings and love for others into beautiful grace and fruit for our life.
It was a BEEEEEEAUTIFUL day here yesterday= park!
"Meal-ya, do my feet stink?"
Lucy: "Mommy, I'm going to get married one day."
Me: "Great, who will be your husband?"
Lucy: "Prally Daddy"
Me: (stop doing dishes, grab camera and remember this moment. Uhh, guess someone's not in the mood to smile.)
6 comments :
I am in love with Lucy's hair!! Can not wait till Katarina has enough hair I can put 2 braids in!! She'll probably be 10, but can't wait! Both those girls are just too cute for words!!
Oooh....I likey the bean activity. I've heard variations of that that would be way over Z's head....I might start that now. Thanks!
I actually like this simplified version as well. We did something like it last year. I just have been too lazy to blog about it and instead just cpoied links to last years posts for this year. I have been meaning to get out the jar from last year, but haven't gotten around to it in my sleep-deprived state. Thanks for the motivation and the cute pictures!!
I am totally stealing that idea when Gaber is old enough. How beautiful to teach your children at that age...thats when I first fell in love with Jesus;)
Oh my gosh... Love the whole post! So cute! Lulu's hair looks so long!
Love love love your blogs.
I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of beans in the jar already. Good work, my sweet Lulu. What a sweet activity for the Lenten season.
Hugs and kisses to those sweet girls.
Post a Comment