I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I wrote
this post about taking sewing lessons. Turns out, that class was cancelled. They only had one student sign up...and that was me. I found a great lady giving me lessons (I was on the waiting list for 5 months) and I already finished my first little project. You have to do 2 or 3 suggested projects to learn different techniques before starting a project of your choice.
Tote:

My next is an apron...
5 comments :
Well, look at you, Martha! Looks great!
That's awesome! I've been thinking about sewing too! I'm kicking myself for not paying attention when my mom tried to teach me when I was younger!! My 12 year old self said "I will never want/need to know how to sew" - and now my 31 year old self is saying - "there are soooo many things I could do around the house, for my kids, for myself if I could sew!" Congrats and keep up the good work!
ooohhh. your tote is so cute. give me the pattern for your tote. it's soc ute. you can borrow my apron pattern if you want. it was my first sewing projct.
Jacque,
I am so excited for you!! Isn't it exciting to have a finished project!! Congratulations! You'll teach your own class someday.
Love you, Mrs. So Sew,
Mimi
great job jacq... it's really cute! Chris saw your blog yesterday, and said how cool it was what you were learning to do. so great job, you are so talented!
Post a Comment