Monday, October 12, 2009

What do you get when you're born in Egypt, married to a soldier of the Yugoslavian army, came to the United States through Ellis Island (oh, with a 6 month old), and together with her loving husband raised 8 children?

This selfless and loving woman....



We were able to go to Nashville a few weeks ago to celebrate Baba's (Michael's grandmother) birthday. It was such an awesome celebration of her life. She's an amazing woman- one of those people you just want to sit next to and hear her talk. She truly knows the meaning of life. She is inspirational...just two years ago at the young age of 84 she went to Jerusalem (that's kind of inspiring)! She's thougthful and selfless at all times. A beautiful and holy woman that gave me an amazing family to marry into to.

Do you know someone like that? So wise and beautiful that you can almost see the wisdom of their soul. (My own grandmother is like that!) Baba has such faith and trust that God will provide at all times. And he always did and he always will. This past weekend she would look around and say, "Wow, what a blessing to be here with all of you." Little did she know we felt blessed to be with her.

I love this sweet photo of Baba and Gigi!


The weekend wouldn't have happened without all the hard work from Mimi and Deda! Thank you again and again! The slideshow of Baba's life had us in tears. I think the picture in the slide show that really got me was all of the children gathered around for a family picture. I just kept thinking, I hope I get to live that long! :)



...and we all know who loves this photo.
Lucy's favorite place...next to Mimi cooking!

6 comments :

Klare Family said...

Love love love it! It's soo good to see how close Michael's family is. You have a wonderful family... and FYI, the picture of you kneeling on the floor... YEAH, you and I look exactly alike! weird.... never saw that before! I knew you were gorgeous! lol.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jac for putting all of these pictures up on the blog and for always sharing with my family. They are beautiful. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Lu- you do look like me on your best days! hahaha...jt

Mimi said...

Jacque, thank you so much for sharing the Trailov's awesome weekend with everyone!! We are still feeling the joy in this house!
We are all truly blessd that you came our way!
Mimi

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacqui thanks for this post. I will make sure that Baba sees it. Some times it takes one to marry into a family to remind the family how fabulous the members are, especially Baba.

Mickey/Dada

Anonymous said...

well i have baba here reading this ....your way of telling the story of how wonderful baba is not only made baba prouder of all of you but made me as her baby even prouder of her.....thank you for see and feeling the way you all do..god bless....love auntie nevette...

Site Meter