Trust and Faith have been on my heart so much these last few weeks. Isn't trusting in God's plan the most organic form of our faith? How can I say I trust Him if I try to control areas of my life that only God can control? Whether it be money, spouse, children, situations, etc. Sometimes it's shameful to think of how little trust I have in God's love for me. He knows me. He knows my every need, yet holds back the things that aren't meant for me. He knows my desires and provides what is best for our family. He knows my weaknesses and somehow gets me to confession to fill my heart with grace. He knows the deep love I have for my husband and children, and provides clarity in areas that need so much work. I wonder what my life would've been like if I had total control. No, never mind, I don't want to know...someone would be missing.
This Holy Week, I'm reminded of how much I need to trust Him. He allows me to see my past fears and be thankful for how much He has provided. So much love, laughter, and joy he's given to me.
I was really nervous about Milia and Bubber being so close in age. And look, they are the bestest buds. Had I known I wouldn't have wasted one fiber in my body worrying what life would be like. They still fight, argue, and put their noses in the corner together (different ones, of course), but they also play, sing, and love each other all day.
And life isn't that crazy. Look, we still take naps on occasion ;)
God knew this all along, didn't he? I won't let my mind wonder to all the what-ifs, chaos, tired nights/days, we are about to embark upon. What good does it do? What's the point? Life is so full of beauty. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for us!
31 weeks and a handful of goldfish down my shirt.
32 weeks







4 comments :
so sweet. remind me to tell you about my thoughts on control and a certain parable. try to live by it. its tough sometimes, but kids are good at teaching us that. cute belly pic with c.
I'm so excited for y'all! And can't wait to see what He handpicked for y'all! Blessings this Holy Week.
Jacque:
What a great approach to making life much easier and with less anxiety. Knowing the difference between what can and can not be controlled is difficult to determine at times. Most of us do not worry about what we can control. We just do it like combing our hair. Unfortunately, we spend a lot of time on things which we can not or even should not control which is useless. An example would be leaving the house, and it starts to rain. Worrying about whether the windows were left open or not left opened can not be controlled at that point.
Mickey/Deda
Mickey/Deda
Jac, you look great!!!! And I love you for your strong faith! Yay for your Little One handpicked for you all...for all of us. Cannot wait for my little son/daughter to meet his new little cousin. So many blessings for this season of re-birth!
LOVE LOVE LOVE to the littles.
Post a Comment