As I sit at the dining room table I can see you down the hall setting up the dollhouse with the tiny furniture that's only pulled out when Christian is napping. Room by room you are carefully picking out how you want to decorate it. You have on a pale pink princess gown with a messy pony tail. You are one of the shiniest gems in my life, Emilia.
Last week you turned 4. It was a crazy week with Daddy's birthday, Ash Wednesday, Valentines Day, and your birthday. You took cupcakes to school and wore your birthday dress. You didn't stop smiling all day and you lit up when you saw Bubs walk in the room. We joined you for lunch, cupcakes, and Show and Tell. Bubby was excited to show you that he could behave at your school. All morning he said, "I behave Mommy. Let's go see Milia now!"
You brought in a pink brush that plays princess music.
For your birthday dinner you wanted chips and salsa for an appetizer and Gigi's mac-n-cheese for dinner. Since it was Ash Wednesday, it was the perfect choice.
Let's talk cake. All you wanted was a pink cake with green icing.
I love making your birthday cakes, but realized I didn't have eggs. I didn't want to go back to the store...so, silly me googled "what's a good substitute for eggs in a cake?". Note to self: don't ever do that. It was a total flop. Your lower lip came out 2 inches when you saw it go in the trash can. At 4pm we were back at the store picking out a cake. I had to sell you on it, but once I said you could decorate the cake with M&M's you were in.
You really like your new book.
And said you didn't like the bike. OKKKK???
You got to bump up to the next level on the vitamin chart!
Other things about you:
You can play dolls, gymnastics, or dress up with Lucy.
Or you can play trains, basketball, or color with Christian.
You love to wear "Cars" pull-ups to bed...
and you soak them every night.
You wake up very grumpy.
Sometimes I will say, "Emilia, when you wake up, try to smile." And when I come to get you out of your bed you will sometimes say, "Look, Momma, I remembered to smile."
You have THE best giggle.
You and me--we have a special sign language. At gymnastics I motion for you not to cut in front of that little boy. You motion back for me to settle down. And then I laugh because you are too little to make those gestures at me.
You are so snuggly with Daddy these days. The other night you asked me to get up so Daddy could lay down.
You like to jump out and scare us. It's weird. Stop it.
You got a good progress report at school.
You actually LOVE to share your toys and treasures with others. On your birthday you asked Lucy to color your new pages with you.
You have so much energy.
During night prayers you always thank God for a "safe trip"--I must have you in the car too much.
Daddy called me the other day and said, "I was just thinking--when will Lucy catch on that Emilia is doing everything so much earlier?" (ex. riding in a booster every once in a while)
I love to watch you run. You are a gazelle.
You give me the best belly rubs.
You still whine a lot, but less than last year. :) progress.
You go to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday.
You always sit by James.
You never kiss me good-bye.
So I peek my head back in and your run to me.
God, don't let me forget that feeling.
You love to wrestle with Daddy.
You love to flip, twirl, dance and jump.
You are my daughter, I'm so happy God chose me!! He chose me!!









5 comments :
We love you 'Milia! I always look forward to your "run 'n hugs" on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. :) You are such a sweet little girl.
I have one to add to your mom's awesome list:
You do round offs like Mary Lou Retton. For reals.
Much love from the Hoefling house! xo
Happy Birthday Milla, Love love love you so much baby girl. I just said to mommy i can't believe you're already 4. I love when i came over an you run to me with arms open for a hug.
Jacque:
A beautiful blog about "My brown eyed girl". Emilia, you make everyone around you very happy. I only hope I am around when you are old enough to read these words that your Mom has written about you. They are deserved, and you will enjoy them so much.
Mickey/Deda
What a sweet, sweet family you have! Someone "nominated" me for a Liebster award, so I did it for you. It's kind of fun. If you have time, check it out on my blog.
I add another to your list...
She is a great big cousin!!!!
We love you, Emilia! Happy 4th (gulp) birthday.
Hugs
Auntie Mary, Uncle Keith, and Kiwwwwby
Post a Comment