Saturday, November 17, 2012

{Thanksgiving 17} : Work from home Dad.

There was a day this week when a lot went wrong. My vacuum cleaner broke, every child in the house had a runny nose accompanied by chapped lips and a cough, Christian got croup which meant I had to bail on my friend that needed some help, rearranged 100 things for the day to take Christian to the doctor (including rearranging car seats: shoot.me.), no dinner prepared and we all know how that sets the tone for the night.

However, I was grateful to have Michael home that day. When he's not travelling his office is right upstairs.  Lucky for him he sees the good, the bad, and the ugly (and his clients hear it all too). It's nice to have him right here and sometimes I take for granted all the help he lends our way during the day. He gladly takes Lucy to school in the morning claiming it's his special time with her. He'll help out at lunch if he can or take the dog out in between conference calls. I love peeking my head in his office to tell him something funny or to just tell him, "I'm soooo tired." I love that we can have early dinners and not have to wait for him to get home from work.

As I type this on a late Saturday night, he's at a work commitment. Although he puts in long hours and travel days I am grateful for his job....one that allows us both to be home.

And, yes, the pictures is totally unrelated.  I was going back through the archives trying to find a related picture that would fit to the post, but instead I found this Butterfinger.  It's Emilia.  I'd give anything to go back and rub that head and kiss that dimple. 

1 comment :

Robina said...

old baby pics are so bittersweet. so jealous about your semi work at home hubby. Bart is trying to do it more though and that quick pop-in hello and smile is like a little rush of happy adrenaline to keep you going sometimes on a tough day. hubby at home or not, I try to remember that THESE are THE days.

Site Meter