Saturday, November 10, 2012

{Thanksgiving 10} : Quiet Moments

I had a nice break the other day and it was one of those moments that was so serene. Lucy had the day off school and was invited on an impromptu playdate. The weather was beautiful with a light cool breeze in the air, I decided to scrap Christian's nap and go for a walk with the 2 youngins. Our long walks usually consist of a lot of talking, asking questions, some whining mixed in with an epic tantrum to let them out of the stroller (I am grateful for dumdum suckers).  As we were walking, they both (I repeat both) fell asleep. I walked and listened to the sound of rustling leaves under my feet, the sight of burgundy, mustard and bright orange trees that lined each side of the street was gorgeous. I needed that moment. Michael had been out of town for 5 days and although the kids were well behaved while he was gone, I was so thankful for that time to decompress.


I am also very grateful for this stroller I've logged many miles pushing. Hands down the best piece of baby/kid gear we own.

2 comments :

Happy Hollisters said...

I love that you ahve your camera on you at all times...even a walk with the kids allows a sweet picture of your babes.

Oh, and I need to know the dets on this stroller.

Jacque said...

That's what you call a picture on a 2005 flip phone that was texted to my sister and then emailed back to me. I'm so tech savvy. :)

Site Meter