Last year I attempted to join Stephanie over at barefoot in the kitchen for 30 days of thankful posts. I couldn't pull my act together every day, so I'm going to give it another go. What better way to end your day than to look around and find something you're thankful for?
I did something similar about a year ago. A friend of mine told me about a book she made for her boyfriend (now husband) while they were dating. Every day she would write something down about him that she was thankful for. I thought it was a great idea, so every night for a year (even if I was angry) I would write something I was grateful for about Michael. On our 6th anniversary I couldn't wait to give him my handwritten gift.
It truly brings your heart to a peaceful place when you force yourself to see the good and not focus on the silly stuff. So, for the month of November I'll be focusing on good stuff. Join in if you have a blog. And if you don't have a blog, just leave a comment of why your heart is grateful. I'd love to hear....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAY 1:
I am thankful for the cowboy, fairy, and bride. The cowboy is taking a nap in his barn, the fairy and bride are overdosed on candy and passed out at my feet on the couch. I'm happy that God gave me another day to live out my vocation as a mother (except at Mass today when Christian ripped my earring out and pinched my chest).


4 comments :
I'm pretty sure you have the cutest kids in all of Charlotte!
I love doing this in November - and how awesome that you did it for Michael! Your family is precious.. thank you for all of your inspiring posts!
hahaaa! i'm in love with christian.
Jacque:
I am in love with the whole family!
Mickey/Ded
Post a Comment