Sunday, October 28, 2012

7 Quick takes:

Linking up to Jen over at Conversion Diary for Friday Quick takes (I'm late to the game, obviously)

1. Michael's parents came in town a few weeks ago. Usually the kids are in the driveway waiting for their arrival. Yep, this time was no different.  Nothing like a grandparent visit.

We saved our trip to the pumpkin patch so we could go with them.

Apparently Bubs can't believe how big the girls are getting.

The obligatory slide pic.

2008:
 2009:

2010:
2011:

2012:

On Mimi and Deda's last day here the girls had their dance class open house. Mimi got some lessons....


2. After all of the pumpkin patch photos we took I didn't get the essential family photo. ugh.

3. My mother-in-law bought me the best gift ever. She actually thought she was bringing it for the girls, but it's actually been life changing for moi. If you have a child/children who take off running at the sight of a hair brush or cry and body flail while brushing their hair you need one of these. It's officially named the Magic brush in our house. Get one. Now. Run. Go.

4. So, I did something out of the ordinary and embarrassed myself a little. Michael was out of town last Saturday and the chiles were climbing the walls. The pantry was looking a little bare and I thought it was a great idea to do ALL of my shopping for the week on this particular day. Did I mention it was Saturday? Thought it would be a fun adventure...Anyway, who does grocery shopping on Saturday- apparently ALL of Charlotte. I've done this before....baby in the front, 2 littles in the cart with groceries piled on top of them, open a bag of pretzels to keep them occupied and viola. Now that they're bigger sitting in the cart looks ridiculous and plus, they want to help find stuff (equally annoying). Cut to the chase--  heading down aisle 3, a pretty, very well put together lady stops me and says, "You look like you have your hands full- have you heard that they offer on-line shopping?" I think she was trying to help me out, and what I wanted to say and what I said were very different. My response was kind. My thoughts were not.

5. Speaking of grocery stores. Michael was at the grocery yesterday and a lady stopped to tell him Emilia had a plastic produce bag over her head. So, we are 0-2 in the grocery department and 0-312 in the church behavior department. So, if you see us at either of these two places I would act like you don't know us.

6. I get lessons from God on humility all of the time. See #4. Another example: I gave Emilia a cup with no lid and of course she spilled it. I went on and on and on and on... "You're just not ready and you get silly at the table and the apple juice is sticky and I'm tired of cleaning it up and this is YOUR LAST CHANCE BE CAREFUL" And as I was walking to the table I tripped and the juice went all over the table, wall and floor. When will I learn?

7. Lucy found and begged for a diary while we were out shopping the other day. She loved it because it came with a lock and key. It instantly took me back to the days I thought diaries were the coolest thing ever. When we got home she couldn't wait to show Emilia and her response was, "DIARY? That sounds like diarrhea." I don't think she'll ever think of her diary the same way again.

7.5: That's about it, really. Except for the fact that I'm currently outside watching (not really) the girls race. Lucy on bike. Emilia by foot. Lucy is crying because Emilia runs faster than Lucy's bike. Like, she's crazy fast.

Have a great week!


5 comments :

Robina said...

hairbrush looks neat. maybe one day we'll need it. as for now my girls' hair growth is stalled out. but tangles are one less thing I have to deal with every day and that's fine by me.

the bag over her head is cracking me out. Michael should have told her she just was wearing the wrong kind and switch her to a paper bag and poked some holes for her to see and breathe.

been there at the grocery store. actually headed there very soon with 3 of mine in tow. one time i told someone in jest that I'm just there to pay the bill they pick out all the food and prepare all the meals. the look on his face was hilarious.

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

I have said it before, and I will say it again. "I do not know how you and other mothers do what you have to do to raise children." Going the the grocery with children certainly does not lend itself to comparison shop. Thank you to all the Moms out there.

Mickey/Ded

Mimi said...

Jacque, this made my day. Not that I am laughing at you guys :) BUT...your storytelling talent is Pulitzer worthy! I laughed so hard and so loud that Deda came down from his "Deda Desk" to see if I was ok.
So glad the brush works for you!! and for the girls!
Love the pictures of Pumpkin Patch Past and Present! Thanks for the memories; we certainly do like visiting :) Love all you Charlotte Trailovs!

Happy Hollisters said...

So what you are saying is that I have so much to look forward to as our little family grows? :) Love your posts.

Klare Family said...

haahahaaahaaaahaaa! love it this post. the grocery store images that came to mind were hysterical.
and i remember your diary days ... although Jess' diary was much more juicy and MOOORRRRBBBIIDDDD!!! Lol. love how emilia lightens lucy's world with a little "diarrhea" lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Site Meter