Saturday, September 22, 2012

$1.08, please pull around to the next window.

We're finally settling in to our routine around here. A few weeks ago I told Michael that I had a hard time catching my breath.  I just couldn't figure out when to make dinner, do the laundry, go for a walk, and decide just the right time to leave the house to pick up Lucy.  Then it would be mid-day and I could barely keep my eyes open. On the way to pick her up, I'd swing by Jack in the Box for a $1 large diet Dr. Pepper just to get that extra boost of caffeine. The first time I received it at the window I started laughing because it was the size of a 2 liter. I was actually a little embarrassed to even take it. The small amount I drank seemed to do the trick, but I had to kick the drive-thru urge to the curb before it became a habit.

Things are more steady Eddie now. We have our routine of waking up, eating, getting dressed, and getting out the door.  I've semi-figured out when to make dinner and what night to have leftovers.  Some days we all get naps and there have been a few days that a little boy has napped in my arms during the noon Mass.  The one thing I love about our week day is when Emilia and Christian go out to the driveway in their jammies to wave (and scream!) goodbye to Lucy and Daddy.  I don't think they've missed a morning yet and I know our neighbors love the KY/TN rednecks with all the kids in the driveway.  I kid- great neighbors.  It still eats me up to see part of my heart drive away for the day. Ugh.

I'm enjoying my days with the two little ones immensely. They get along and it's good for Emilia's heart to feel like Miss Biggin' around here. Christian gives her that little bit of respect, which is hilarious. Sometimes she takes advantage of him though. She'll order him around and say,  "Hey bud, get me that toy over there." "Ok, Milia! I do dat."

AND...She's totally got the trick of tying her shoe, don't you think? Shhh, she thinks it's right.

4 comments :

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

This will give Emilia the opportunity to be the big sister while Lucy is away at school. It sounds like both Emilia and Christian love their relationship.

Mickey/Deda

Maria said...

the shoe trick!! hahahah oh yes. been there.

Klare Family said...

Haaha. Adorbs! Love your updates. Missing my Trailov fam

Mimi said...

I love reliving my days with little ones through your blog. Life is so good! Enjoy your babes!
Love you!

Site Meter