Let's tackle these Quick takes quickly.
1 Christian is napping. Emilia is sitting at the table eating ranch (with the smallest carrot ever) staring out the window waiting for Michael to come home. She is also telling me that all she has are "plain ole lips" and she needs lipschtick. Lucy is doing a puzzle in the playroom. I'm making this (but baking them)- Michael's favorite recipe and the simple sauce is crazygood.
2. Speaking of recipes. Here's what else is on the weekend menu. Minner Cheese sandwiches with Cape Cod chips. Summer is here.
3. Oh, here's one more. The kids loved them, but I tasted them and thought they were bland. They had 2 or 3 muffins for three mornings in a row. Maybe it was the dunking in the milk part. Also, super easy breakfast clean up. I used chia seeds instead of flax.
4. Lucy lost a tooth. The tooth fairy put hodge podge glue with glitter on a dollar bill with a couple of coins and the little girl was happy! I never thought this part of being a mother would be so fun.
5. Can I voice my frustration on bathing suits? I love Target bathing suits, especially for the girls. Lucy has out grown the toddler department and no longer can squeeze her buns into 5T. Pickins are slim and this won't cut it.
6. Goals this summer: read to the chiles, pray more, sew, run, eat fresh, swimming, lots and lots of swimming. Our swim lessons weren't so great a few weeks ago. At one point I motioned to the instructor to just pick her up and throw her across the pool. I'm pretty sure he thought I was kidding.
7. I say dang or dang-it quite often. Now the little bubster is saying it quite often. It just doesn't sound right. This week all three were saying "What the heck". So, I told them we need to stop saying those phrases and go back to our 1980s phrases of "Oh rats" or "For Pete's Sake". Emilia's response was, "Mommy, what the heck?"
Excited to celebrate Father's Day with my main squeeze...

4 comments :
J - so cute. That's so exciting that Lucy lost her first tooth!!! I need to remember the glitter when we finally lose a tooth over here.
PS- The Barefoot Contessa has the BEST recipe for spaghetti and meatballs (just make sure you double the sauce if you ever make it) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/real-meatballs-and-spaghetti-recipe/index.html
Also, on the bathing suits - I agree, the older girl ones at Target are too old looking for our girls - I always love Mini Boden bathing suits, if you want to pay a little extra!
Jacque, I love your blog posts. You paint such an awesome picture of the Trailov happenings! :) Hugs and love,
Oh, and after a quick review of your Friday Quick Takes, I realize that I love E's little tush hangin' out of her little wedgy in her swim suit. Seriously, I could just eat up your kids and a bunch of those meat balls. Yummo. I saved those recipes for a later night. And is that seriously the bathing suits that are Lucy's size. I am walking away from my soap box on that. Later gators.
That is awesome. Lol..marianis sayingmoh shoooot for about everything.
Post a Comment