I had an abundance of patience and even let Christian have a pen. He treasured it by putting it in his mouth to make sure not to let it out of his sight while petting Sammy. What a deprived child.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
From 3 to 1.
Michael took the girls to Nashville a few weeks ago to watch his mom walk in the half marathon. What a feat! While they were gone I rented 3 movies, painted my nails, cleaned, sat for every meal, and went to Starbucks three mornings in a row just so I didn't have to clean the coffee pot. Absolutely nothing was rushed, not even bath time for Christian. I didn't adhere to the 2 book rule before bedtime, so we read and read and read. The two of us went to dinner at our favorite spot. Christian was in heaven and I adored that one on one time with him.
I had an abundance of patience and even let Christian have a pen. He treasured it by putting it in his mouth to make sure not to let it out of his sight while petting Sammy. What a deprived child.
I also went to confession and took the bubster in with me. Figured he's still too young to remember all of my sins. Let's hope, anyway. I usually go the face to face route, but decided that it would probably distract Father if he had to watch Christian squirm the entire time. So I went behind the screen and held him, but he's so strong now and wiggled out of my arms. He ran around the divider and said hi to Father. I motioned "come. here. now." and he gave me the look, "what now?" So, I had to go get him and say hey to Father as I got Christian- obviously defeating the purpose. Father and I just laughed.
I had an abundance of patience and even let Christian have a pen. He treasured it by putting it in his mouth to make sure not to let it out of his sight while petting Sammy. What a deprived child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
4 comments :
solid! lol.
Oh, Jacque, you are the best...the best Mom, the best wife, the best daughter-in-law, the bestest best!!
I love you so much and am so glad that you are my grandchildren's Mom...they are blessed (and so am I) I love you!
Mimi
hahaha. i treasure my one on one time so much too. starbucks 3 mornings in a row. wow. that is a vaca in itself.
Jacque:
I know that you had a great time devoting all your attention to Christian, my Michael Jr.
Some day perhaps I can be so fortunate to have some time with Christian to relate all the wonderful memories I have of his father.
Mickey/Deda
Post a Comment