At any rate, she's loving the book so much she wants red hair this week and loves pretending her sister is Diana.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Taking it back to the old school.
We've been reading Anne of Green Gables this week. Michael and I take turns reading to the girls at night in different rooms. I forgot to tell him there are some tough words in the book..capricious, deprecate, predilection, ethereal, inculcate, epoch. We stutter a bit while reading, seriously funny stuff. I was smart enough to replace the words drunk and drunkenness with silly and silliness or there would have been a slew of questions.
At any rate, she's loving the book so much she wants red hair this week and loves pretending her sister is Diana.
At any rate, she's loving the book so much she wants red hair this week and loves pretending her sister is Diana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
2 comments :
love it. one of my all-time favs ever. so glad you are reading it to them. another good classic I love to read to J is "The Little Princess."
Oh,my goodness...those are some big words!
Lucy, I can't wait to hear about Anne's adventures!
Post a Comment