Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Saints and Socks

I've mentioned before how much my bushkas loves stories. I remember my mom telling us lots of stories as a child. Sometimes I can't get my brain to function properly to think of a great story and I'm pretty sure our engagement, wedding, and their birth stories are coming to boredomsville. The last few days I've been reading to them about the saints. Today is St. Anthony of Egypt.

I love this part...

Many people heard of him and came to him looking for advice. He would give them practical advice such as: "The devil is afraid of us when we pray and make sacrifices. He is also afraid when we are humble and good. He is especially afraid when we love Jesus very much. He runs away when we make the Sign of the Cross."


Picture unrelated. Girls matching socks.

2 comments :

Robina said...

j will love that anecdote. can't recommend this book enough for reading short stories about saints. one for every day. two volumes. check paperbackswap and betterworldbooks for cheap used copies.

Saints for Young Readers - following is link to vol. 1
http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Young-Readers-Every-Vol/dp/0819870811/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326827038&sr=1-1-spell

Maria said...

I laughed because Dad always told stories too...a great childhood memory. and what a great idea about saint stories...so simple and good!!!

Site Meter