55 million (million!) abortions have been performed since 1973. To think this is the only reasonable solution makes me sad. To think of what plans God had for those children....it's not the sinner, it's the sin that I loathe.
There's great hope though!! I know firsthand of amazing women who give courage and support when a mother receives a poor prenatal diagnosis. I've seen firsthand the counseling, hope, and love that women receive at Room at the Inn. I've seen firsthand the warriors that silently pray for the women walking into the clinics. I've seen firsthand the people that join together and March for life.
Last week some friends and I gathered with other Christians to stand up for the sanctity of life. I remember when Lucy asked the question last year, "Mommy, why are we walking in this march?" Easy answer, "To tell everyone how much we love babies." She liked my answer.
This year Lucy asked, "Mommy, why are we marching for babies? Why do we have to tell everyone?" She's much too young to explain abortion. My heart hurts that one day I will have to tell my children. So I said, "Well, we just want to make sure people know how MUCH we love them! God knew you were going to be born from the beginning of time. It says in the bible that before He formed you in my belly He knew you! Isn't that awesome? It's important for us to love each baby that God chooses to put in a mommy's belly." She was ok with that answer too.
One thing my children must know is that if they ever come to me with an unplanned pregnancy they will never be judged or shunned from my home. I tell them often that there is not a thing, and I truly mean not-a-thing, that they will ever do to stop Michael and me from loving them. A parent can only prepare, hope, and pray that their children make good decisions in life, but forming their hearts to love each child in the womb is critical. In my book, there is nothing more precious than life. Nothing. Life is love. Love is life.
2 comments :
beautifully written jacq. you have to love why children asks these questions! Thank you for being a great example yourself in loving every life. <3 the klare's
Beautifully said, J! Can't wait to see that movie....
Post a Comment