We are always happy to make it out alive.The dance recital was awesome. This was Emilia's first recital and I wasn't sure what to expect. She made my heart smile from shoulder to shoulder. It was too precious to watch her pot belly dance all around and her tippy toes step side to side. Her big brown eyes and hair in a bun was too much for this mama to handle.


Lucy, she's a little veteran by now.

And then her birthday (well, it didn't so much sneak up on us because she talks about it for 2 months and it lasts all month long).
She was so tired the night of her birthday from all of the excitement that she fell asleep in my arms. Before she passed out we snuggled for a few minutes and I told her of the amazing day she came into this world. She loves her birth story...how she was past her due date and how I just wanted to hold and kiss her so badly. I told her how I squeezed her tight and kissed her a like a pecking bird the moment they put her in my arms. She loves the part of her story when we introduced her to Sammy (the dog) and he sniffed her all over. (I have to act like the pecking bird and sniffing dog!) A few minutes of giggling and she was fast asleep. Emilia snuck out of the bed to organize her shoes in the closet and I didn't mind the alone time with Lucy. I started to feel the big ole hot tears streaming down my face. How? How are you 5? I could just cry typing that.
I'm so happy to be her Mommy and she adds such a beautiful dynamic to our family. She's matured a lot this year. She loves to write and color all day long. She takes on the motherly role with Emilia and Christian, which seems natural for the first born girl. She loves preschool and sometimes I ask her if she wants to stay home and play with me. She never takes me up on my offer. She loves to play dress up and dolls. She loves for me to read her books and she loves pretend reading, her new favorite thing is drawing picture books. Her favorite foods are grits, mac-n-cheese and broccoli. She loves to help me in the kitchen.
She is really funny about her loot. She hides things in closets from her siblings- totally understandable. Everything is taken, snatched, stepped on and broken. I recently went to turn on the Christmas candle in the girls' bathroom and found a tube of toothpaste she received for her birthday hiding behind the window shutter. Those little things just make me laugh! She lets Emilia use it every OTHER night- no more than that.
She likes to match Emilia (especially pj's). Her heart is tender and sometimes I try to emulate how patient she is. Oh, children have so much to teach us! Recently she's been telling me that when she grows up she wants to be a Nun that plays the violin. Two out of the seven days she wants to be a mommy. Writing all of these things down makes me ponder God's marvelous works in our lives. He is so good to us. I am full of joy being a Mom of these little wonders.
We continued the tradition of filling her room with balloons for her to wake up to a pink and gold surprise (it was her Golden Birthday--born on the 5th-5th birthday).
My soul, be at rest that babies grow up.
Part of her birthday present was a trip to the Nutcracker: I hope we can make this an annual thing...she LOVED the dancers, the music, the curtains opening and closing, sitting on mommy's lap, getting dressed up, and wearing her Saint necklace for this special occasion.
7 comments :
Oh, so much I heart about this post!
1) Emilia's recital picture is absolutely precious. Every bit of that pot belly is perfection.
2) Lucy likes broccoli now?! Totally missed the memo on that one....awesome.
3) Stealing the balloons in the room idea - that's fantastic!
Happy Birthday again, Lulu...I've enjoyed watching you grow the past 5 (gasp!) years into such a special little girl. Love you!
I love you Lucy! You make my heart fill with happiness. Thanks Jac for the post.
Daddy
Jaq thank you so much for letting me be a part of the kids life to watch them grow just warms my heart. I can still remember when i first started taking care Lulu, she was only 10 weeks old now she's 5. My baby is getting so big, Love love you so much Lulu. Sorry i miss their dance recital.
Your kids have the best bellies ever :) Looks like Lucy had a wonderful 5th birthday!!!
wow... it's emotional reading that. It seems like yesterday she was born. I will never forget meeting her for the first time at christmas and falling in love. Lucy is such a beautiful neice.I love her so much!
Jacque:
Your post brings up so many memories both old as in five years ago for Lucy's birthday and new as in the recent dance recital for Lucy and Emilia. Great times with more to come in the future.
Mickey/Deda
Oh, Lucy, you're five and I can hardly believe it!
I love you, precious girl.
Always,
Your Mimi
Post a Comment