Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The end of our day...

Every night we get the privilege of tucking in three little souls. It's filled with giggles, running the hall, picking out pajamas and books, lots of whining, begging, and the repeatedlyrepeatedlyrepeatedly asking to brush your teeth and use the potty. Emilia gets a pull up on and throws her nightgown up to see if it will touch the light while Lucy changes Teddy into his pj's. Night prayers are the best. Hail Mawee, Our Fadder, intentions. Seeing these two on their knees-hands folded-there's just no way I can close my eyes. I peek- I see Michael peek. Halloween night was too much to hold in. We belly laughed at Emilia's non-stop candied coated intentions, "I pway for mommy, daddy, tistian, lucy, deda, mimi, mommy, daddy, nana, grandaddy, looong pause.... mommy, daddy, mommy, daddy, and um, mommy and daddy."

Life is moving like a train. Sometimes I forget to tell Michael important things of the day like the car didn't start in Target's parking lot on the first attempt. Or my sister called and may come for Thanksgiving. He knows it's crazy and is understanding. I don't see it slowing down much, which is why I can already look at this picture and feel a lump in my throat and have tears in my eyes....as if these two little girls are already grown up and ready for college.

These are the days to remember.

2 comments :

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

Looking back I wish i had taken the time to enjoy our two children Michael and Mary Susanne growing up as you are with your three children. You and Michael are fabulous parents!

It probably should be a lesson that I should enjoy what is currently happening in all our lives. If I do not, I will not be able to recreate these joys and miss them as they are developing.

Mickey/Deda

Maria said...

SOOOO true. well said. : )

Site Meter