we bought this monster size block of cheese at Costco. 120 slices. Who eats that much cheese and why did I buy it? I was wondering if I could freeze it, so I started to type in Can you freeze cheese, but only typed Can you...(how did it know?)
Google is just weird.
Oh, and they recommend not freezing cheese. Ugh, grilled cheese sammies for lunch and din.
10 comments :
Don't get sucked into Costco bulk purchases! I think it's such a waste of money. That said, there are a few things they're good for... milk, formula, wipes, fruit, cheese (but not a 120 slices:). But whenever I go there I always end up buying things I didn't need - like clothes (although it's Chuck that is usually trying to convince ME that he needs his 15th pair of khaki pants from Costco).
hahah. i know what you mean about buying and wasting! i hate to waste. however, we buy so much there...tp, papertowels, fruit, lettuce, goat cheese, detergent, oatmeal, snacks, bread, and wait for it...kirkland toothpaste. i'm a big fan, but the cheese was not my best purchase :) oh, ps, they have these really cute running shirts there right now with the cool thumb holes.
We say at least once a week in our house, "How did Google know?" You can type your search in a foreign language and it will still come out exactly what you were intending to search for. ha! ha! Big brother, probably. Darn government!
hilarious. just like pandora which knows me better than i know myself. by the way i ahve frozen cheese before and slices for soemthing like a grilled sandwich actually do turn out ok. don't freeze bulk cheese though. i would separate the slices into little 10 slice freezer bags.
Oh, yes!!! Freeze the cheese!!
I agree with Robina...slice it or cut it into useable chunks, but, yes, I freeze cheese. You've eaten many, many things made with frozen cheese at Mimi's house and we are all still standing :)
I love bulk! Well, as long as it can be stored or frozen. It's ok ! (However, I need to try Costco; I'm not so sure about Sam's these days.)
Ok, girls, what's a "thumb hole"?
I freeze shredded cheese ALL the time. I also put it in casseroles and the likes straight from the freezer. Google doesn't know squat.
hahhaaa!!!! That is awesome. better buy some exlax after eating all that cheese! lol.
Ok. I'll freeze da cheeze!
Mimi- thumbs hole are holes in long sleeve running/walking shirts so your knuckles don't get cold in the winter...brilliant.
Lu- to go with the 120 slices of cheese, I bought a 2 pound box of grapes. Even Steven, baby.
Wow, everyone really has opinions on cheese.
Michael
Did you ever think that a post about the mysteries of google and the freeze-ability of cheese would result in the most comments in blog history? hahah.
Post a Comment