Monday, August 15, 2011

Just a little schmear.

You know that saying that something is up when it's too quiet. I just thought (that was dumb) for one little moment she was happily playing in the sunroom. Nopey.Nope.No.

And then I nonchalanty walked to the bottom of the stairs and said, "Michael, come down and see this." I grabbed my camera and right when I snapped these picture (swear!) her eyes started burning. I would never take a picture of her screaming.
The aftermath included calling our pediatrician, poison control, and 45 mintues in the shower of, "Look up at the water! Look up at the water!" That's really easy for a 2 year old, ya know?

All is well, peanut is back to her old self.

7 comments :

Caroline said...

Oh no! That happened to me the other day... Isabelle was very quiet - too quiet, and silly me, I was enjoying the silence... then I found out why she was so quiet; she had emptied the dirt out of a large potted plant - it was everywhere, including her mouth!

Robina said...

So glad to see the visual of this story. That will definitely be in her wedding slideshow.

Happy Hollisters said...

Oh, Emilia. You like to keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes.

Mimi said...

Oh, Emilia, you are so much like your daddy. I remember one summer day when he was around your age and was playing quietly; as I peered around the corner,
"what to my wondering eyes did appear", but two big blue eyes looking back at me from inside the fireplace (no glass doors back then and guess who had not emptied the ashes from the winter's fires?oops:) Around those big blue eyes I saw nothing but "GRAY" hmmmmmm.... Ashes, ashes, all over him from the top of his head to ten little toes and a good bit all over the hearth and carpet. He was having a great ol' time playing in the fireplace.
Litte "E", you're just precious! But don't go doing that again, ok? You were just ready for sunbathing in your "leotard", right?! Love IT and Love YOU!

MH said...

Sunblock??? Thatta girl, E, thatta girl. :)

Annaka said...

Just gotta love how there is never a dull moment with those #2's! Katarina's quiet moment came last year when I came upon her painting her fingernails, toenails, bed, carpet and toys! Aaaahhh, good times!

Maria said...

Just laughed out loud - silence in this house is also dangerous ; )

Site Meter