Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beastie Boy

My little brother's name is Gabe. Actually, he's John Gabriel, but we've always called him Gabe. Lulu started calling him Uncle Babe and it stuck. Lucky him. He's 18 years younger than me. Yes, 18. Do you think he thinks I'm an old goat? Ha. Certainly.

He's such a good kid. His smile, sigh, will melt you into a blob of butter. I just heart his little soul and this blog post just turned into a fat brag post. And that's what sisters do...

He's a senior. This is his final year of football, so every game Michael and I tune in via the internet and holler when we hear his name. This past weekend we weren't hollering, we were slapping some high fives, waking up children, and dancing in the kitchen. Uncle Babe had 5 touchdowns last Friday night to tie the school record. They played against Auburn's new QB recruit....oopseee. ;)

If you have younger siblings that live far from you, you will understand why my heart aches. I want to be there for these big accomplishments. Shoot, I'd like to be there for the little ones too. I basically learned how to text so I could communicate with David, Gabe and Mia. They are so funny. Every text starts with lol or ha. I think they sleep with their cell phones these days? When I called him the next morning and said, "Gabe, what happened last night?!" He said, "I'm not sure, I turned into a beast." Gabe, you're too sweet to be a beast.

Here's a little highlight video of his game, but if you wanna just get to the goods go to minute 2 and watch until the end.


You can grab your favorite beverage of choice (ours will be lemonade since it's a 1pm game this weekend) and listen in at http://ibn.ihigh.com/broadcasts/index.cfm?fuseaction=usrbrd&broadcasterid=266&Org=IBN&CFID=8996997&CFTOKEN=45915249

Football season. It's here. Me love it a lot.

5 comments :

Robina said...

I love football. it's the time fo his life. How great. Maybe we'll try to watch the game this weekend. if you happen to remember, text me to remind me.

MH said...

So awesome! Is he wanting to play in college?

Annaka said...

I feel your pain! I miss my siblings in soooo many ways! I've yet to see my youngest brother play a college football game, which makes me so sad! But hoping this year or next we can get out there to see one.For now,like you, i will have to make do with watching via the internet!

Trailov in Tennessee said...

Oh, my goodness!!! We have loved listening to the GABE the GREAT football game and we can't wait to hear more. We even email in with our cheers for GABE from the Tennessee Trailovs. We love it, too!!!!

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

Please relate to Gabe that Mimi and I have been listening to his games on the internet. It is so much fun listening and hearing about someone that you know that is playing football. Also, tell him that we are proud of him and all his accomplishments especially gaining 222 yards along with 5 touchdowns against Dixie.

Mickey/Deda

Site Meter