I love my computer...emails, reading my favorite blogs, updating my own blog, shopping, people.com, foodnetwork, pandora...the list is endless. So, why am I giving it up? I was on a three day silent retreat recently and loved every minute. It's truly amazing what stirs in your heart when you are quiet. I guess that's why adoration is such a gift to the Catholic church. I used to visit the adoration chapel weekly before getting married/having children (not that it's a good excuse.) I cried many tears in that chapel (sad ones and joyful ones), but the point is that when I was silent I felt the presence of Christ the most. I'm hoping to find that silence again in the evening ours at our home. Don't get me wrong...I'll probably watch a show or two, read a book, sew, or write in some baby books. Mostly, I am hoping to create some needed time with the hubs and children and time to grow in my love for Christ.
There will be a few exceptions: 1. emptying my camera pics 2. finding a tutorial for a sewing project.
Feel free to email me with good articles to read, funny emails, or sweet pictures of your littles. I will look forward to reading them when I log on Easter Sunday.
Hope you all have an amazing Lent! I'll leave you with a few videos. The girls were upstairs taking a bath while I was making dinner, so when they came down they saw Christian trying toast for the first time. I love their reaction.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/E8zjmBmXeTs
http://www.youtube.com/embed/8mqNPtkfBHA
And one last pic of my new nephew, Kirby. Isn't he beautiful? Congrats Mary and Keith!
7 comments :
Man, selfishly, I am going to miss these blog posts. I'll be looking forward to the world's largest blog post on Easter Sunday, OK? :) However, I admire your commitment to keeping Christ first in your life. You are always an inspiration to me, dear sister-in-law.
Is it possible that my baby already looks totally different from the pic you posted? Whoa. Can't wait for you to mee him an shower him with kisses!
Lots of love,
Auntie Mary
Jacque, Jacque! I am so inspired by your Lenten commitment! I want to be just like you when I grow up :)))))
You are truly my Christian mentor; through your life I see Christ---my special daughter in law!! You are God's gift to Michael as well as to me.
LOVE, love, love the girls' reactions to C eating toast; especially Lucy's comment that perhaps he's not OLD enough to eat toast (big sister that she is ...really, Mom, are you sure????) and the part where he is thinking that Emilia just might, just might take a bite and he has decided that toast is GOOOOOOOD!!!!
God bless you, Jacque,
Love you so much,
Mimi
Oh my gosh, Jacque, I love Lucy's reaction - how freakin' cute!
By the way, I had know idea we could feed them toast already! I've got to get Isabelle to start eating some real food!
C's outfit looks familiar :)
I'll miss your blog this month! :(
Oh my gosh.. he IS beautiful!!! DANG!!! those hollisters have good genes! I love you jacq... i hope you have lots of graces showering you on this lent and walk with Christ these 40 days. love you.
Wow! We will miss you Trailovs! Maybe I will try better to keep mine up during Lent! Also, congrats to Mary and Keith. We are so happy for y'all!
I love reading your blog, it brings joy and laughter into my days. Can't wait to see you and the kiddos next week in Georgia. I am going to squeeze the heck our of Emilia, read books to Lucy and feed on Christians toes.
I hope you had a wonderful Lenten season and a Happy Easter but come back!! I miss hearing about your wonderful adventures and seeing those adorable children!
Post a Comment