Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Hodge Podge

Several Friday nights this fall Michael and I listened to my little bro's football game broadcast live on the internet. We'd put the girls down to bed, make dinner, and drink a few Fat Tires. I wanted so badly to see Uncle Babe play football! They made it to the play offs and we were heading to Kentucky anyway for the weekend, so we decided to take the windiest and darkest roads through Kentucky to a town called Paintsville. Population 5,300. It's very UNlike us to do something, well, daring like this with three little tots for such a long car ride. I was so grateful to Michael for putting on his "go with it" gear and making the detour to see my brother. We had so much fun!

AND Uncle Babe scored a touch down for us!! (even the girls were jumping up and down screaming.) At about 2am we finally made it to Kentucky for the reason we came in town...to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary. They requested a simple celebration just how they began. However, how do you do simple with this many people?

It was great to see them renew their vows to each other. All nine of us were able to be present, which is a major feat. My parents amaze me. They are the most selfless people I know and give every ounce of their being to our family. I admire them. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wonder how my parents managed a family this large, but then the answer quickly comes to mind...prayer and lots of laughter. I love you, Mom and Dad!!

Lulu thought it was cool to sit with Uncle T at the bar and have some cake. Good quality time with her Godfather.
And I'm pretty sure I heard something like, "David, don't date girls just for fun." Go Sister- you tell him.

Auntie Lulu and Maria
And it's never a true Gray weekend unless you can squeeze 799,999 events into 1 weekend. However, how could you miss this event?
The Sisters weren't going to miss it...
God's love makes me speechless.

3 comments :

MH said...

wow - that looks like a beautiful church in the pic with all your fam. is that the church you grew up or got married in?

Mimi said...

Beautiful family!!!!
Lots of love going on in these pictures!

Klare Family said...

Aw.. those pics rock, Jacq! You said it all so perfectly.

Site Meter