Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Emilia 18 months

A week ago Michael took Lucy on a date. A trip to Starbucks for a whopper muffin and a train ride to the library was all it took to make the "fwee and half" year old giddy. I planned on doing a quick toy pick-up, swiffer, vacuum, and load of laundry before they returned. Christian was napping and Emilia was quiet in the playroom, so I started my Tasmanian devil twirl around the house. I realized Emilia was a little too quiet, so I peaked my head around the corner.

Completely 100% Typical... I decided to stop cleaning and just focus on my little babushka who is now 18 months. Really, 18 months?

You see, this girl just rocks my world and I catch myself wanting to write down every sweet thing she does. I just know I'll forget. In 100 years from now when I'm the ripe old age of 133, I'll want my girls to read their baby books to me. I'll want them to tell me over and over about the fun we had.

Speaking of baby books, I've been meaning to update her baby book for so long and I just can't seem to get to it and since I type much faster than I write, this will do. I now understand why my very own baby book is so slim. Sometimes for giggles I open it up to read the few words my Mom wrote in there like, "Jacque is begging me to write in her baby book, so here it is- you have big feet." I appreciate my mom's sense of humor. I totally remember looking at my baby book when I was 8 and wondered why there wasn't much written in there. There are a few pages where I wrote my own comments like, "Everyone gave me a birthday present except Gina." hahahah!!

Guess which baby book is yours truly?
************
My Dearest Emilia,

It's so easy to love you from head to toe. Your brown eyes make us mush.

You have fat flat feet that make me want to put them between wonder bread slices and take a bite. You weigh 22 pounds and you are 31 inches long. You take long naps during the day and you sleep great at night- except when your paci falls out. You have a great relationship with your sister. You love to watch and do everything she does. Your new "Pete and Repeat" activity is to cross your arms and give me attitude...just like your sister. Time outs are in your near near near future. I just have to remind myself that you get a pass because you're still a baby. You are independent. You like to try to put on your own shoes and clothes. You like to buckle your own car seat. You want food in the box so you can pour it all by yourself. You want to brush your own teeth and change your own diaper.

Your words: Nnnnnnnn-o' (the "n" is 4 seconds long and the "o" is fast and quick), apple juice, apple, daddy, mommy, wuwu (Lulu), baby, more. The last week or so you are repeating lots of words that we say.

Daddy loves when your hair is in a pony so he can see your cheeks. We just can't seem to keep your wispies back.

You don't like books. You don't like to cuddle. You don't like to get hugs, but you love to give kisses. At night, I found that if I stand up and cradle you like a baby you will let me rock back and forth as long as I want. You like for me to sing my favorite song softly in your ear...

Immaculate Mary your praises we sing,
You reign down from heaven with Jesus our King.
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria....


It's one of the sweetest kisses from Jesus during my day. I'll never ever take for granted how magnificent it is to be your Mommy.

There you have it. A little 18 month update. I just can't bring myself to write down all the things about you that stretch me in patience!! (Baby girl, there are many.) :) I know it's just a phase and plus, you warned me with that killer look of yours.

5 comments :

Robina said...

This is the sweetest thing I've read in a long, long time. So precious. She'll treasure it forever, more than 100 pages in her "baby book." It's so hard wanting to give the 2nd and 3rd children as much time and love as the 1st got.

By the way, J's favorite song lately is "Immaculate Mary" and asks for it every night and all throughout teh day. During mass on Sunday she just kept singing it and we ketp saying shhh. Then they announced the closing song in honor of Mary's birthday feast today was Immaculate Mary. we told her and she was so excited as they sang it and we told her now she could sing it as loud as she wanted and oh did she.

MH said...

She is absolute perfection. The last pic is priceless - from the crooked pigtails to the chubby little arms and everything in between. Love the whole post!! xoxo

Klare Family said...

Nana and I read this together, and we laughed our heads off! So funny, so memorable, so loving and beautiful!

You are a wonderful mother, raising 3 beautiful kids. I love you!

Mickey/Deda said...

Jacque:

I only hope that I am alive 25 years from now to be able to see Emilia's reaction to this beautiful tribute from a mother to a child. She will be overwhelmed with emotion!

Mickey/Deda

Jessica & Clif Barnes said...

So very sweet! I need to do more of this. The baby book thing is outdated for me. It doesn't give me enought entry space. Emilia is gorgeous! I love that mean look. Isn't it funny how fast they become independent when there is an older sibling? Just wait for Christian! But since he is a boy and the youngest he will mostly likely want his mommy more! Hope all is well!

Site Meter