We started our month with Lulu's first dance class and the beginning of preschool. I smile watching my little love pull off her sneakers and slip on her ballet shoes.
The middle of September Christian received his first Sacrament and the door to his spiritual life was opened. As Michael held Christian I just stared with awe and wondered what God has in store for him. Our job to help this little one get to heaven has just begun.
I love what the Catechism says about Baptism...
Baptism is God's most beautiful and magnificent gift. . . .We call it gift, grace, anointing, enlightenment, garment of immortality, bath of rebirth, seal, and most precious gift. It is called gift because it is conferred on those who bring nothing of their own; grace since it is given even to the guilty; Baptism because sin is buried in the water; anointing for it is priestly and royal as are those who are anointed; enlightenment because it radiates light; clothing since it veils our shame; bath because it washes; and seal as it is our guard and the sign of God's Lordship.
We had a crazy beautiful weekend with family and friends to help us celebrate! Thank you to all of our family who travelled to Charlotte for this special occasion. Thanks to our friends, Patrick and Meredith, who will hold a loving and beautiful witness of our faith for our son to emulate.Daddy's baptismal outfit 33 years ago...
Did you notice Lucy up there with us? Sighhhh....She was so excited all week talking about Christian's big day. She had us tell her story after story about her own day when the holy water touched her head and then her paci fell in the Baptismal font. A little holy water never hurt a paci.
She also loved the story about Emilia's baptism when Father lifted her up really high to show her to the church. We all laughed because her crazy hair just about touched the ceiling...of course, I exaggerated the story and Lucy remembers it a bit like the Lion King.
So during Mass she started getting weirded-out and said that she had to go up there with us. I really didn't want to make a scene so there she is...front and center.

We've had a wonderful September, now it's time to make more memories this fall...
*new post below...it's deep.
2 comments :
Oh my goodness...what a roller coaster of emotions reading this post! Smiles seeing Lucy-Goosey in her pink tutu. Double smiles seeing the pic of her Baptism (wow - you guys look so YOUNG! was that really that long ago?! like your hair that length, by the way.) Big belly laughs at the Lion King reference (there will be forever be three images of Emilia embedded in my mind: 1) "the killer stare" from your most recent "emilia" post 2) her hilarious semi-naked wave pose from one of your spring posts and 3) this one. Love that kid.) And the roller coaster ride ends with a couple of happy tears. Sniff. Sniff. So proud to be Christian's Godmother and excited to share our beautiful faith with him. LOVE YOU!!
Okay, the comment about your baby book - when you have four you will understand. Reading your blog brings on a rush of joy, pride, love, laughter - I miss you so. I want your family here with me so that I can share in all those beautiful memories. I miss you so.
Post a Comment