Thursday, July 15, 2010

Glory Days...

I love this little girl and all the smiles she brings to our home. She has more energy than Lucy did at her age or even does now. I struggle trying to give her all the attention she needs, but on the other hand I love how much she wants her momma. She learned quickly that I will always kiss her boo-boos, so we have fake accidents many times throughout the day so she can have a sugar kiss from me. She's just as needy with Michael. In the morning, she'll stand at the bottom of the stairs and yell, "Daaaadaaaaa!" And when he comes downstairs it's a full sprint to his arms.

Oh, never wake me up from my littles being little. I tell Michael that we'll miss the chaos one day...that our Glory Days are now. Most people say it's when you're retired, but I beg to differ. Sure, we'll wake up in our retired years with a little more money, more time to play, pray, and relax. We'll wake up with less cleaning, less cooking, no time-outs, but with that we'll have less of all the good stuff that makes our hearts beat strong. We won't have pudgy little feet to chase, little hands to hold, toys to trip over, food flying at a restaurant, screams at church, tooshies to wipe, midnight potty calls...yes, these are my glory days!

We definitely won't have flying pig tails during nap time in our retired years either! It's tough to see because the lights were off, but if you look close you can see and hear the monkey.

4 comments :

mimi said...

Jacque, you are so right that your GLORY DAYS are now with precious little girl moments. However, guess what, you get more glory days when you retire and have time to enjoy GLORY DAYS from a distance all over again with your sweet grandbabies. LOVE THE FLYING PIGTAILS!!!
You go, Emi!!

Unknown said...

I had to laugh- once Gina was jumping in the crib with T and Lissa (Sr. Maria Fidelis) in it. She broke it and all of them were jammed in one corner to the ground. Last of that crib, it had been repaired once too often.

Good Luck! - love you, mom

Caroline Edwards said...

so cute - love the bouncing pigtails :)

Maria said...

Jacque, omg - this has to be my favorite post ever. I LOVE my glory days right now and am always telling that to Andrew. I don't want to keep waiting for the next stage or phase and miss the beautiful now.

The pigtails are seriously hilarious.

Site Meter