So, I was just reminiscing with a co-worker (yes, I am very busy today) and how New Year’s Eve is quite different than it was 10 years ago. He's 23, single, and hip. I was living vicariously through him wondering what his big plans were for the evening. We (ok, just me) were laughing about old NYE stories…and then it dawned on me that it was exactly 7 years ago this very night that I met the man of my prayers. I am sure my co-worker was horrified when I told him that I met my husband at Have a Nice Day CafĂ© (ahhhh!!).It made me a little sad thinking about how time has gone by so fast! But then again, I get emotional a lot these days, but I’ll blame it on the hormones. For example, the other night I was reading to Lulu the Dr Seuss book, Oh The Places You’ll Go. I had tears in my eyes just thinking of all the great blessing from God and the different paths he's led us down. Even the trials in which Michael and I consider to be little crosses that we can carry for Christ. I love this little part of the book…
You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
You're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
God knew exactly what he was doing when he paired the two of us up. It wasn’t by chance that I was at the bar with my friend and couldn’t finish my shot of tequila. Haha! It wasn’t by chance that Michael was standing next to me saying, “Are you gonna finish that?” So, our initial meeting isn’t all that romantic, I admit! However, on this mini-anniversary of our first encounter I am thankful for the most precious gift from God. Michael.
"What I can do, you cannot. What you can do, I cannot. But together we can do something beautiful for God…God has created each one of us, every human being, for greater things-- to love and to be loved. But why did God make some of us men and others women? Because a woman's love is one image of the love of God, and a man's love is another image of God's love. Both are created to love, but each in a different way. Woman and man complete each other, and together show forth God's love more fully than either can do it alone.”
Mother Theresa
Thanks be to God,
Happy New Year!
4 comments :
Ok, so now I have tears in my eyes thinking about where we ALL were 7 years ago! Kyle was with you two that night, while I was at home contemplating the newest blessing God had given us and how that was going to turn out!! Amazing how He works - in that one night all our lives were completely changed for the better - even if we didn't know it! Happy New Year and many more blessings in 2009!
P.S.Your story doesn't seem bad to me - although I did meet my hubby in Las Vegas @ a nightclub!LOL!!
yes thirty something years ago i kissed my hubby for the first time magical as it may seem we still remember that night and all that followed the special gifts of god two beautiful childern and what they both gave us a son in law and daughter in law.. that we couldnt have asked for more ... then our daughter gave us two beautiful grand babies..we have so much to thank god for.........so here comes an even better year ahead..wow..love you all auntie nevette
THANKS BE TO GOD!!
We are so blessed.
Jac,
As you know, I am not always good with words (written or said!), so this will be nothing like your post. Everytime I read this I get choked up and think about how my life has changed for the better since meeting you. Thank you for your love as a wife and a mother. I still cannot beleive I get to wake up next to you every morning! I love you.
Michael (forgot my username thingy)
Post a Comment