So, here's my gift to Lucy for Valentine's Day! One day I'll print off every page and stick it in her baby book. It's easier than writing and trying to use my best penmanship...and there are photos too! It actually takes a little time to figure out how to do it. I guess that's why I keep putting it on the back burner until recently. I know she won't appreciate it now, but hopefully one day she will have fun reading about her fun outings and goofy parents.About 8 years ago, my little sister Luci, filled up an entire journal for my birthday. I was in college and she was in 7th or 8th grade. I look back and think it was one of my favorite gifts. She spent so much time writing about her day, struggles, studies, activities and much more. I still have it on my book shelf and pick it up from time to time.
I've never been one to journal (or modern day "blog"), but I've attempted several times. Recently, I picked up a journal from when I first moved to Charlotte (I guess I was 22). I only had a few pages written and my three goals were to 1. quit smoking 2. quit swearing 3. run a marathon. WOW!! Michael and I had a good laugh at my lofty G-O-A-L-S! Nice. I'm happy to say that I've accomplished all three :)
No comments :
Post a Comment